Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RIVA stage I plus a green charger on a 185HP 2003

May I have your opinion?

Riva stage I minus the pump wedge, stainless steel wear ring with an aluminum pump, and the green charger.

(If I do the 13/20R impeller (have the 12/20 solas and will send to impros for redo), the green charger, the R&D intake grate (have), no pump wedge, stainless steel wear ring, aluminum pump (have), and the riva power plenum intake filter kit.)

Would this be reliable and what would I expect? I am looking for around 70mph and a much greater hole shot.

A stock RXT with 215 hp is lucky to see 70 mph. With a 185-hp engine spinning a green wheel you are not going to see much improvement. You will need most of the mods that jpeconsult did in his thread. That would be an ECU, intercooler, 215-hp flywheel, injectors, maybe forged pistons and maybe a larger SC wheel. Checkout his thread for a better idea of what you will need:

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=61053

... Ron

I will be looking for a riva intake pipe and flame arrestor/ filter.

Looks like the green charger, intake grate, and 13/20R is not worth it for the 185hp SC.

the stainless steel wear ring and the new pump plus the K&N flame arrestor/filter will improve hole shot and that is all I can do with this motor.

the plastic pump flexes a lot and destroys the wear ring in a few hours.

Will get another ski soon. RXP or RXP -X. FZR and FX SHO look nice too. Used around $5K and new around $9K. Wait for riva on FZR mods before buying.

If you have the 155-mm aluminum pump and impeller, I don't think you can get an SS wear ring for it. All the SS wear rings I see are 159-mm for the RXPs and RXTs... Ron

Quote Originally Posted by King_Of_Fun View Post
    If you have the 155-mm aluminum pump and impeller, I don't think you can get an SS wear ring for it. All the SS wear rings I see are 159-mm for the RXPs and RXTs... Ron

Yes, I see that too on the riva forum.

Some people managed to get an SS wearing for that pump. I need to track it down on where they got it.

My SC is old school already. Just paid it off too.

Also, the SS wear ring will wear the impeller blades and it will need to be redone once a year or so whenever the gap between the blades and ring exceed .014"... Ron

+1
    I have a 2006 185 HP GTX. It has the aluminum pump--that is the way it came new. Has been modded with the following. Two degree wedge--green wheel--Riva grate--13/20 prop not tweeked--home made rear air--hull exhaust fan-- 158 degree thermostat and runs 7600 to 7650 RPM at 66.8 MPH to 67.3 MPH on GPS with a half tank of fuel. It's hole shot for the first fifty feet is awsome.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
    I have a 2006 185 HP GTX. It has the aluminum pump--that is the way it came new. Has been modded with the following. Two degree wedge--green wheel--Riva grate--13/20 prop not tweeked--home made rear air--hull exhaust fan--runs 7600 to 7650 RPM at 66.8 MPH to 67.3 MPH on GPS with a half tank of fuel. It's hole shot for the first fifty feet is awsome.

Hmm, ok you are steering me back again This website just has too much to read. I cant keep up.

NO power plenum intake kit?

I noticed you sold the rxp - x and the rxp? may I ask why? The rxp - x is the best right now for a short ski?

+1
    The reason I sold the RXP_X is because overstuffing/bucking not yet being cured. Had it running 76 plus and just did not want to take any chances. My 2006 RXP is almost mid eighties and no issues.

+1
    NO power plenum intake kit?

As stated in my post--home-made rear air intake.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information