Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

2009 RIVA Racing HydroDrag Series

WATERTOP TO PRODUCE FIRST HYDRODRAG CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES

The RIVA Racing HydroDrag Series will include three events and crown the first ever HydroDrag overall National Champion. The 2009 RIVA Racing HydroDrag Spring National is RECONFIRMED for April 18-19, 2009 in Sebastian, FL at the C-54 Canal.

Melbourne, FL – January 27, 2009 – WaterTop Unlimited® will be producing a three event HydroDrag™ series in 2009 that will incorporate an overall points system to determine the first ever personal watercraft HydroDrag National Champions. The 2009 HydroDrag events will build on the popularity of the inaugural season and include the Speed Alley top speed event and the 1/8th mile HydroDrag head-to-head drag racing, utilizing the exciting Launch Pad starting gate system. RIVA Racing returns as the title sponsor of the fastest growing PWC activity in the country and will be supporting the 2009 HydroDrag Spring, Summer, and Fall Nationals.

“The interest and enthusiasm for the HydroDrag events proved to be extremely high and that led us to expanding it into a three event series that will crown the first ever overall HydroDrag National Champions.” said WaterTop Unlimited General Manager Tim McKercher. “Last year’s HydroDrag events were an experiment that created tremendous interest and the fact that participation increased nearly 150% from (last year’s) spring event to the fall event clearly showed us, RIVA, and the PWC industry that this is truly the next big thing in the sport of PWC.”

The 2009 HydroDrag events will be sanctioned by the APBA (American Power Boat Association) and include four classes: Vintage, Stock, Limited, and Unlimited. The rules structure in regard to safety requirements and procedures and individual technical rules for each class are being reviewed by a committee of industry professionals and will be based off of current APBA PWC racing rules with modifications to address the particular nuances of PWC drag racing.

The 2009 RIVA Racing HydroDrag Series will consist of three Nationals

2009 RIVA Racing HydroDrag Spring Nationals
    Date: April 18-19, 2009
    Venue: C-54 Canal

2009 RIVA Racing HydroDrag Summer Nationals
    Date: TBD – July, 2009

2009 RIVA Racing HydroDrag Fall Nationals
    Date: November 7-8, 2009 (tentative)
    Venue: C-54 Canal

The 2009 HydroDrag Nationals will utilize a two-day format to accommodate the large number of expected entries and provide the finest competition in the safest manor.

Much was learned during the inaugural 2008 HydroDrag events and many improvements will be implemented as well as concerns addressed for the 2009 events. WaterTop and others involved with the HydroDrag development have listened to comments and suggestions from the PWC community and from this a Questions & Answers document will be produced to address known concerns.

Event and registration information and 2009 rules will be available in the coming weeks. For more information on the 2009 RIVA Racing HydroDrag Series and other Watertop Unlimited events visit www.watertopevents.com www.watertopunlimited.com or contact them directly at 321.409.0519 or [email protected].

WaterTop Unlimited is a multi-facetted public relations & promotions LLC. based in Melbourne, Florida. WaterTop is a full service Marketing Communications and Event Marketing agency that also produces a variety of B2B and B2C recreational product events including; the Bimini Road Rally, HydroDrag Nationals, and various product sampling and training tours.
    WaterTop Unlimited – Expanding Brand Amplitude™

For more information:www.watertopunlimited.comwww.watertopevents.com
    [email protected]

Test Pilot and Racer for Hire phoenixcustoms's Avatar

+1
    I hear a rumor of a new rule that says you cant ride in superman position?

+1
    I know I'm not a drag racer but from my view I would think that would be a good rule. How do you feel about it?

Doug

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Dawg View Post
    I know I'm not a drag racer but from my view I would think that would be a good rule. How do you feel about it?

Doug
    Seems you would have far less control at speed in the "superman" position. I would feel very uncomfy at 90mph plus. Not that I will ever have to worry about it.
    Question for the guys that were there last Nov. What position was the guy that got bucked in?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Dawg View Post

Doug
    It just means we will have to change the set-up on the boat (Yamis anyways)

I have been over 90 and I had no desire to superman at that speed

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    Seems you would have far less control at speed in the "superman" position. I would feel very uncomfy at 90mph plus. Not that I will ever have to worry about it.
    Question for the guys that were there last Nov. What position was the guy that got bucked in?
    Pretty sure he was in superman, but that boat was too loose to begin with

ask Stan, he rode it

The new rules i downloaded say for Drag Racing, there will be no superman allowed.
    Nothing was specified for radar runs.
    Hopefully Tim will let us superman for the radar runs since they are single passes and not side by side like drag racing.

+1
    I emailed Tim about the Superman posistion for the speed alley event. It is not going to be allowed.

+1
    No Superman thats just wrong

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information