Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: wet suits

wet suits

Iam looking into a wet suit to extend my season should i get a 4/3 or a 3/2 wet suit i know these are different thicknesses but not sure what i should get . hoping to be in the water by april /may would probably ride till early to late oct . what are the rest of you nj guys using ? thanks for the help

+1
    I ride from March til about Mid Novemeber typically and use a 3/2. I also wear riding pants and a coat when it's cold and try not to get wet..

My wetsuit is an inexpensive Akona full suit from www.scuba.com The best thing about scuba.com is they make it easy to return stuff for whatever reason.
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by DrewNJ View Post
    I ride from March til about Mid Novemeber typically and use a 3/2. I also wear riding pants and a coat when it's cold and try not to get wet..

My wetsuit is an inexpensive Akona full suit from www.scuba.com The best thing about scuba.com is they make it easy to return stuff for whatever reason.
    Doug
    i ended up getting a really nice rip curl suit that is a 4/3 for my birthday not sure if i should exchange it for a 3/2 or not .Right now i thinking of staying with 4/3 so i handle wider range of temps i was not planning on wearing pants and coat . i guess with no pants and coat 4/3 would probably be the best choice then . i live in manahawkin where do you normally drop in ? not sure where iam going to buy a ramp pass . iam thinking the ramp just over the bridge to lbi on right . i will try scuba .com for some booties and gloves thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by harleyboy61 View Post
    i ended up getting a really nice rip curl suit that is a 4/3 for my birthday not sure if i should exchange it for a 3/2 or not .Right now i thinking of staying with 4/3 so i handle wider range of temps i was not planning on wearing pants and coat . i guess with no pants and coat 4/3 would probably be the best choice then . i live in manahawkin where do you normally drop in ? not sure where iam going to buy a ramp pass . iam thinking the ramp just over the bridge to lbi on right . i will try scuba .com for some booties and gloves thanks
    You'll be good with the 4/3, especially without pants/coat.
    If I drop in a LBI I usually go at the big ramp in Beach Haven right behind the water park. The old guy that's there on the weekends is a cool guy.
    I stay away from the ramp by the causeway because the guy that runs the ramp makes you launch in the mud...

+1
    We usually launch out of Crowleys Landing near Batsto in the Mullica River. Pale Rider (Andy) lives in Tuckerton.

We usually launch out of Crowleys Landing near Batsto in the Mullica River. Pale Rider (Andy) lives in Tuckerton.
    when the weather changes we will have to ge together go riding this is my first ski i have owned dont know my way around out there to well . do you do alot of wave jumping ? i know alot of the other nj guys do . did you ever go to barbay riders private ramp in waretown ?

+1
    Jumping in the inlet is a must but it will beat you silly. I usually end up on the couch for the whole day afterwards sore as hell. Keep an eye on the boards and it's usually pretty easy to see when everyone is going out.

Never been to Barbay's place but Aaron is a good guy and knows the marshes probably better than anyone and figure it's one place I'll probably show up at least a few times this year.

Keep an eye out for some Delaware River rides near Philly and a ride up the Chesapeake Delaware Canal is a must ride too.

Pale Rider and I have even done a Sunrise ride through the Mullica out to the bay where we were on the water as the sun was coming up.

Lots of good places to ride and all within a pretty close distance to you. Good people too. Seems like there is almost always a group of 5-10 ski's and Sunday is the most popular day for most of us.

Not to promote other sites but some of the locals have setup some local web space that you will see some people at sometimes.
    www.eastcoastpwc.net
    www.barbayriders.com

Jumping in the inlet is a must but it will beat you silly. I usually end up on the couch for the whole day afterwards sore as hell. Keep an eye on the boards and it's usually pretty easy to see when everyone is going out.

Never been to Barbay's place but Aaron is a good guy and knows the marshes probably better than anyone and figure it's one place I'll probably show up at least a few times this year.

Keep an eye out for some Delaware River rides near Philly and a ride up the Chesapeake Delaware Canal is a must ride too.

Pale Rider and I have even done a Sunrise ride through the Mullica out to the bay where we were on the water as the sun was coming up.

Lots of good places to ride and all within a pretty close distance to you. Good people too. Seems like there is almost always a group of 5-10 ski's and Sunday is the most popular day for most of us.

Not to promote other sites but some of the locals have setup some local web space that you will see some people at sometimes.
    www.eastcoastpwc.net
    www.barbayriders.com
    i will keep an eye out on the forum to see when every one is meeting up i work on sundays so that may be tuff, but iam sure i will see you out there.

I use a 3/2 glued and blindstiched WETSUIT and a 5mm jacket 3 mm gloves 5 mm boots i'm toasty warm

www.eastcoastpwc.net
    www.barbayriders.com
    Thanks
    That Mullica Morning ride sounds good!

Also check www.islandracing.net and www.njpacrew.org
    I think most cycle through 2-3 sites.

when the weather changes we will have to ge together go riding this is my first ski i have owned dont know my way around out there to well . do you do alot of wave jumping ? i know alot of the other nj guys do . did you ever go to barbay riders private ramp in waretown ?
    I'll bump up a thread for you with a local chart.

The BBR Private Ramp is actually owned by the Barnegat Beach Locals Civic Association. With me or any member you can use for free. If you or anyone who doesnt live here wants to join it will cost you $100 and you will get a ramp key, parking pass, and also some other benefits.

The Barnegat Public Ramp will cost you $25 for the season. The Barnegat Ramp is a zoo and not pwc friendly. The ski gets beat up tied to the dock there.
    There's a few public and private ramps right over the bridge. I guess it depends on where you'll be riding and what kind of riding you'll be doing.

My buddy has sportports for rent in Waretown right on the bay. If thats your thing shoot me a pm.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information