+1

resistor install...

So I just got back from radio shack bought 2 types of resistors a 1K ohm 1/2 watt and a 1 watt. Which one should I use? also all I do is connect the two wires from the harness (with a resistor between)???

+1
    i always used the 10k ohm because either the cat or the pipe temp sensor (can't remember which) riquires a resistor higher than 1k----so i just bought all 10k's and never had to think about which was which ever again.

Decifering between 1k's and 10k's is like looking for a needle in a stack of needles so why no just use one kind on everything and be done with it??

+1
    I was not planning on doing the water temp sensor do I need to? I did a search on the forum and a few people have said that they have done it but do most of our skis need it? I allready have the 1K resistor but I can go buy a 10K resistor for both if i need also what watt do I want 1/2 watt or 1 watt?

+1
    i would do the 1 watt. the pipe temp sensor should be fine (if it works right now still, then i wouldn't try to fix it). But yes on the cat connector because great money saving companies out there such as Riva are selling these 30 cent things for 15 dollars plus shipping (minimum shipping there is now 7 dollars).

Quote Originally Posted by r33pwrd
    I was not planning on doing the water temp sensor do I need to? I did a search on the forum and a few people have said that they have done it but do most of our skis need it? I allready have the 1K resistor but I can go buy a 10K resistor for both if i need also what watt do I want 1/2 watt or 1 watt?
    I believe there was a version of the Jetworks mod that required removing the water temp sensor. You could tie it back and leave it hooked to the wire, or remove it, and the wire, and plug in a resistor. The newer versions allow you to keep a functioning sensor installed. At least mine does. Not sure if there is any other reason to remove it unless it were to fail. I like the 10K idea for the catcon sensor.

My ski is an '06. Mine did not need the chip or resistor. Tried it with the chip and the alarm would go off. I disconnected it and rode all last weekend and the alarm never went off with the cat temp sensor not connected to anything. My water temp sensor is still hooked up.
    Heard the '05 and '06 are like this, may not need the chip.

+1
    ooooooooooooooohhhhhhh.....hell i didn't even think to ask if you had a brand new one..Then you are right, you shouldn't need anything at all but have some risistors in the tool box in case an issue ever comes up to where you might need it.

Cool..

Quote Originally Posted by r33pwrd
    The 1/2 watt will be fine! Either way it will NOT matter. That probe will never see near a 1/2 watt!!!

resistor

Radio Shack part #271-1321

1k-Ohm resistor

1/4 watt

+1

Re: resistor

Quote Originally Posted by XL1200Ltd-Keith
    Radio Shack part #271-1321

1k-Ohm resistor

1/4 watt
    perfect!!

Thread Information