Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: SeaDoo RXX ???

+1

SeaDoo RXX ???

Theres a sweet Rxx on ebay right now i've always wanted one since they came out but could never give up my Pro 785's . Is this a good deal and how do they handle and whats the top speed ,the list of goodies it comes with is just sweet for a stock boat any info on this would be great .
    Thanks
    I'll use it mostly to river ride and top speed runs
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...58484&viewitem=

RXX

If this is the same one he has it for sale on here and PWC today. Seems to be a good price. Your link did not work. Here is the new link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2001-...1%7C240%3A1318

nice ski and good price the same one it can cost u in saudia $7500 witch is too much i wish u good luck

+1
    very nice ski!

Lugs,

I raced Pro 785s for years and still have two. I also raced XPs, XPLs and, for one season, a RXX. I bought it new (stupid).

Originally, they had plenty of kinks that needed to be worked out. My first time out, the drive shaft coupler failed and I almost sunk getting back to the ramp. Second time out, the drive shaft broke. I found out these were common problems with the RXX. All that got fixed and I started racing it in the stock class. It is very fast. I took the hole shot every race, but the hull just doesn't handle well on a closed course track. Most races, I came in second to a guy on an XPL, due to the fact that the XPL handles so well.

In one race, I almost got taken out due to the ill handling. I found out that there was another kink with the RXX after talking to another racer out west. There was a giant 'soft spot' in the left front area of the hull. I could almost poke my finger through it. Apparently, when they shave the hulls to be lighter for racing, they went too far. Anyway, I was able to get Sea-Doo to get me a stock RX hull and the engine pipes, etc were swapped over from the RXX.

So, not a good racer, but would be very cool for rec. riding. I regret selling mine. The other thing to be aware of is that Sea-Doo recommends a new top end every 25 hours. You seem to be mechanically inclined, so this shouldn't be a problem for you.

There were some problems with hull delaminations but Seadoo replaced them free. As far as I know it was still an RXX hull just built right.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by racer114 View Post
    Lugs,

I raced Pro 785s for years and still have two. I also raced XPs, XPLs and, for one season, a RXX. I bought it new (stupid).

Originally, they had plenty of kinks that needed to be worked out. My first time out, the drive shaft coupler failed and I almost sunk getting back to the ramp. Second time out, the drive shaft broke. I found out these were common problems with the RXX. All that got fixed and I started racing it in the stock class. It is very fast. I took the hole shot every race, but the hull just doesn't handle well on a closed course track. Most races, I came in second to a guy on an XPL, due to the fact that the XPL handles so well.

In one race, I almost got taken out due to the ill handling. I found out that there was another kink with the RXX after talking to another racer out west. There was a giant 'soft spot' in the left front area of the hull. I could almost poke my finger through it. Apparently, when they shave the hulls to be lighter for racing, they went too far. Anyway, I was able to get Sea-Doo to get me a stock RX hull and the engine pipes, etc were swapped over from the RXX.

So, not a good racer, but would be very cool for rec. riding. I regret selling mine. The other thing to be aware of is that Sea-Doo recommends a new top end every 25 hours. You seem to be mechanically inclined, so this shouldn't be a problem for you.
    Cool lets see what happens

+1
    Doesn't look like any bids were done

TLR

what was the top speed on these when they were new.......how do they compaire to an rxp?????

Top speed was around 68. They came with two sets of rings for the exit nozzle, so it depended up which ones you have installed. The RXPs weren't around when I have my RXX, but I'm sure they are quite comparable. The acceleration on the RXX was awesome too.

It is funny. Back when the RXX came out, you had to be a racer holding an ISJBA membership card to buy one. Now they have the RXP-X rocket and any ole Joe can buy one. I guess they are no longer concerned about liability.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information