Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Water to ride in Texas Hill Country

Can anyone advise some good places to ride around the Texas Hill country - have only been to Canyon Lake and want to try some other locations within that area.

Thanks

+1
    I have a great place to ride on Lake travis. You can put in closer to Marble falls and be far away from the Austin MESS, but still be in a very relaxed area. I would be more than happy for you to Join us one day and you could put in with us or at the narrows if I couldn't make it.
    Everyone that has gone with me has had so much fun. We normally ride about 36 miles down the lake to eat on the water and then head back. You can do it on one tank of Fuel.

Austin is right!!!! It is a blast and alot of fun!!!! Let me know Austin I'll go!!!!.........Bob

Thanks Water4fire for the info. Looking forward to the warmer weather and riding. Would like to join you one day - wife and I have RXT's - we plan on taking a week and just trying out different places.

do you have a good shop in San Antonio for general maintenance and mods - currently taking skis back to Katy, TX for work as they are under warranty.

+1
    Hello Renegade ! Nice to see another Houston Peep on the forum

Quote Originally Posted by water4fire View Post
    i have a great place to ride on lake travis. You can put in closer to marble falls and be far away from the austin mess, but still be in a very relaxed area. I would be more than happy for you to join us one day and you could put in with us or at the narrows if i couldn't make it.
    Everyone that has gone with me has had so much fun. We normally ride about 36 miles down the lake to eat on the water and then head back. You can do it on one tank of fuel.

i live in mcallen and you keep me posted i will like to go with you, i never been in lake travis, i had been all others lakes, i'm waiting for my fzs and be ready !!!!!

+1
    Guys we had a little get togethere last year and it was a bunch of fun. We run from Mile marker 57 on down to about mile marker 20. We Stop eat lunch at one of the on water places and then come back. Once back we play for a little while since we are far from Austin and there are hardly any boats around so then we play.... That is if you are not to tired of the trip. It weres most of us out.

+1
    We've always enjoied our summer trips to Travis. We usually try to go on weekdays to avoid the crowds. Up river is great ! Just be sure the last marina on the way up is open !

We'll be up at Canyon on 26 June and mabye Travis a couple of days afterwards

R&R

What is the water level for Travis - I was at Canyon Lake this past weekend and it was the lowest I have ever seen it - only a few (6) boat ramps open and lots of trees sticking up towards the river.

Canyon Lake's normal level is 909 feet above mean sea level, and its historic low was 899.7 feet in December 1984. Today the lake, which has been dropping about an inch a day, stands at 897.5 feet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information