Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

new ski and mods...

Well I sold my ski friday and am supposed to get my new left over 05GPR this friday. What are the best mods without getting extravagant to increase hole shot and midrange while not killing top end?

I am thinking Jims plate, 1200 Grate, 13/19 impellar, PPK, d-plate. What about the jetworks mod? Would a different impellar be better? Filters to get more air in? We mostly play in the surf, wake jumping, and some tricks.

thanks for yalls input. Ill post pic when I get it. First mod is a seatcover and gator grips mostly to set mine appart... Had them on my old ski and made a huge difference.

+1
    sounds like you just want to have hole-shot and some fun.

Jetworks is a must then.
    1200 Two Bar Grate
    Seal the pump
    (you can leave your stock ride plate if you want to)
    (stock trim tabs)
    you might want to try the 14/20 Dynafly Prop with the EFI controller & D-plate. 13/19 is not a bad starting point since you want the most out of your acceleration.

Have Fun. Let us know when you want to go for top-end.

thanks. I dont mind top end but where we normally ride its mostly just playtime. lots of tight corners on the river that or we are out in the surf. I have noticed alot of people that went with the 14/20 lost bottom end.

As for the jetworks mod. How bad is it for just idleing down the river BSing? I heard no more than 3 or 4 minutes at most at idle or it will heat up or something...

any other suggestions for hole shot and topend? I have a few buddies with xpl's and xpdi's that rip out of the hole and I wanna make a lil statement.

+1
    read this thread....my fingers are hurting.

http://www.greenhulk.net/yamaha/view...264&highlight=

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ABBOTT
    read this thread....my fingers are hurting.

http://www.greenhulk.net/yamaha/view...264&highlight=

+1
    I have jet works ( you will like it!) when i go into the marina i have to idle for at least 15 min or more...never been a problem at all. and with my 14/20 it will jump out of the water from an idle...i have to lay accross bars to hold down nose on launch...anyway if you get the jetworks and dont like it someone here wil always buy it from you...but you will not sell it once you try it...hope this helps......now my fingers hurt.

thanks, but Ive read that and many other posts like that on here and many other forums. Lookin more for specific ideas since I am lookin more for hole shot and mid rather than top end like alot of people.

Quote Originally Posted by txgp1300r
    I have jet works ( you will like it!) when i go into the marina i have to idle for at least 15 min or more...never been a problem at all. and with my 14/20 it will jump out of the water from an idle...i have to lay accross bars to hold down nose on launch...anyway if you get the jetworks and dont like it someone here wil always buy it from you...but you will not sell it once you try it...hope this helps......now my fingers hurt.
    thanks, that helps alot. are there any supporting mods you would suggest or that are required to run it? i.e) free flow exhaust, efi controller, aresters / filters???

thanks

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    hello boe tie klr, For hole shot and mid. Free flow, raise compression, jet works mod, seal pump, D plate, flame arrestors, And efi unit.

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    almost forgot, And a dynafly

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information