has anyone used hydroturf sheet for sl/slx, etc?

my stock SL pads are halfway gone, haha. i think i rode for most of the summer without the rear pad. i want to get the hydroturf precut stuff, but for $85+shipping, i'd rather not. hydroturf sells b-stock sheet for pretty cheap, $30+shipping for 40"x62".

my question is, has anyone used hydroturf sheet to cover the footwells of a sl/slx/etc? anyone have pictures? i dont have my SL with me, its out at the lake burried under 2+ft of snow... would a 40"x 62" sheet be enough to cover the footwells? more than enough right?

i know its probably really easy, but i'd like to see some pictures and feedback if possible. i'm thinking its more of an issue of cutting the turf right, and not wasting to much of it.

ive bought several of their sheets and used them but never on a polaris but hey, it'll work great. i used them on my kawasakis and sea doos

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    It would really help if you had the old pieces to trace, but you can make a template for the missing pieces. Then lay them all out on your piece to make sure you have enough. Which you should.

I've read others have used Yoga mats that they got from Wal Mart for pretty cheap too.

Cut, dry fit, contact cement, and place down. That's it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post
    It would really help if you had the old pieces to trace, but you can make a template for the missing pieces. Then lay them all out on your piece to make sure you have enough. Which you should.

I've read others have used Yoga mats that they got from Wal Mart for pretty cheap too.

beerdart used yoga mats on his, and i used yoga mat to replace a small piece on my old sl750...worked great and was alot less expensive

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gorilla03 View Post
    beerdart used yoga mats on his, and i used yoga mat to replace a small piece on my old sl750...worked great and was alot less expensive
    There you go ^^^^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post

NO WAY, THATS AWESOME! haha, I've been trying to find an alternative to hydroturf; I was going to stop by the pool store today to see if they had something for steps in a pool/hot tub.

cheatin' piston popper addicted's Avatar
    +1
    in my experience, shipping a sheet of hydroturf can run over $20, so once you factor that in, you are only saving $30. Now factor in the 2-3 hours it's going to take you to cut and apply the new pieces, and $80 sounds like a better deal. But, that's just me. I also spend the couple extra dollars on the pre applied PSA and you have a peel and stick setup that is ready to go in 10 minutes. . . after you get the old mats off.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by addicted View Post
    in my experience, shipping a sheet of hydroturf can run over $20, so once you factor that in, you are only saving $30. Now factor in the 2-3 hours it's going to take you to cut and apply the new pieces, and $80 sounds like a better deal. But, that's just me. I also spend the couple extra dollars on the pre applied PSA and you have a peel and stick setup that is ready to go in 10 minutes. . . after you get the old mats off.
    He raises a very good point. Your time may be worth the extra few $$$.

Addicted, nice to see you still chiming in. Hope all is well with you.

Thread Information