Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

+1

Dealer Cost on 07' Ultra 250X?

Was wondering what the dealer cost on this particular model is to determine how much wiggle room I have with the dealer?

Dealer has 5 of these left and is asking $8999. How much lower you think they can go? Kawi is also offering a $250 cash/gift card during the boat show.
    This dealer also offers a maintenance package for 3 years for about $1300. That includes all scheduled maintenance along with Spring/Fall service. Is that a pretty good deal?

There is also a nearby dealer offering several 08's at $9200. Dealer is further away and doesn't offer a PM program.

I plan on buying on Saturday so any help is appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by dmk View Post
    Was wondering what the dealer cost on this particular model is to determine how much wiggle room I have with the dealer?

Dealer has 5 of these left and is asking $8999. How much lower you think they can go? Kawi is also offering a $250 cash/gift card during the boat show.
    This dealer also offers a maintenance package for 3 years for about $1300. That includes all scheduled maintenance along with Spring/Fall service. Is that a pretty good deal?

There is also a nearby dealer offering several 08's at $9200. Dealer is further away and doesn't offer a PM program.

I plan on buying on Saturday so any help is appreciated
    definitely go for the 08 for only 200 more. NO brainer. 1st year hiccups corrected in 08's. Plus resale on an 08 will be much great on a whole year newer boat.

Spend the money and get the 09 260. I love my 07 250 but if i were buying today........ get the 09 260.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by halfassjack View Post
    Spend the money and get the 09 260. I love my 07 250 but if i were buying today........ get the 09 260.
    Why do you say that? For an extra $2000-2500 what are you getting?

+1
    OK at the boat show they had them down to $8499 for the 07'--pretty damn good deal. Plus a $250 gift card so really $8250

Put a deposit down and will work up the paperwork on Tuesday when they open.

I think I'm going to skip the maintenance package as well. Seems for $1300 you do alot yourself.

I wasn't gonna reply to this, couldn't help my self.

1st ...Penny wise and dollar foolish.
    2nd...bet your young
    3rd....bet you haven't done much reading ....go back to the old threads...of 07 issues start with "Gas in Oil" or GIO

There have been many upgrades and "fixes" since the 07 model

you might realize, not quite the deal you think it is

just my pennies...hard not to be a parent when your one....refer to #2

+1
    OK at the boat show they had them down to $8499 for the 07'--pretty damn good deal. Plus a $250 gift card so really $8250

Put a deposit down and will work up the paperwork on Tuesday when they open.

I think I'm going to skip the maintenance package as well. Seems for $1300 you do alot yourself.
    by the time you spend your hard earned cash on all the fixes it would have been more cost effective to purchase a later model.

Why do you say that? For an extra $2000-2500 what are you getting?
    a lot more mechanically refined ski. At least get the 08. But for just 20 percent more I would get the 09.

You +1..Unless you get a REALLY good deal on an 07, or 08…Go with the 09! As mentioned, more defined, 3rd year model, most of the gremlins are worked out, more HP, no GIO, strengthened hull, nicer colors, more HP, warrenty will be longer, more HP….Get my drift?

+1
    Boy all of a sudden some of you don't like the 07's

MKaman and nicjak,
    The ski will be under warranty so how bad can it be? I'll buy the 4 year extended.
    And Mark I have done quite a bit of reading here and researched extensively at dealers. The GIO appears to be way overstated here. I'm also no "spring chicken" re. age
    I spoke to at least 4 service managers/lead techs who combined have probably sold well over a 100 of the 07/08' Ultra 250's and all are aware of this talk on line of GIO and ALL say it's basically a bunch of internet garbage. The service manager at the largest dealer in the midwest who sells and services all 4 makes say the the 250 Ultra motor is probably the best supercharged motor out there. They've had more issues with the Yamahas than Kawi's. The Sea Doo were the most problematic though.
    They sell over 400 skis each year btw.
    None of theses dealers has seen GIO at all I think from reading here it's the coastal guys that have issues and admittedly run full throttle all the time. There might be some issues when you do that. You all see that there are plenty of happy 07' owners here What gives?

So for saving over $1000 over an 08' and $2500 for an 09' I suppose I can take my chances. The dealer I'm purchasing from is also very good.

Cheers

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information