Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Banned User

S3 Charger and intercooler?

Ok I have been givin a really good deal on a X charger but now i am getter mixed reviews on what is all needed to run it, so i might sell and get a S3 charger and a xs cooler since i have seen many run them with only 42# injectors. Is this a better option then just running the 42# injectors and the X charger with the stock intercooler.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyRXT View Post
    Ok I have been givin a really good deal on a X charger but now i am getter mixed reviews on what is all needed to run it, so i might sell and get a S3 charger and a xs cooler since i have seen many run them with only 42# injectors. Is this a better option then just running the 42# injectors and the X charger with the stock intercooler.
    You would probably be fine, but conditions will vary and end up with different results. So is hard to say what is for sure safe., the S3 setup is proven, in fact I ran that exact setups, and is one of the best all around rec setup. Once others get out, on x sc setups on non x skis with AFR gauges everyone will know forsure if is ok with and 42. the best advice is to read up on the few that have tested AFR on x 42 setup. I would definitely not change setups if it cost $.

Banned User
    well my dealer sold me the 09 X charger for cost and now everything i am reading this year says that the x charger needs 42's and RRFPR, last year everyone was just using 42's and money is tight and i want more speed but dont have the money for the RRFPR.

+1
    well my dealer sold me the 09 X charger for cost at 498 and change and now everything i am reading this year says that the x charger needs 42's and RRFPR, last year everyone was just using 42's and money is tight and i want more speed but dont have the money for the RRFPR.
    keep it

Banned User
    yeah but if i cant use it cause i cant afford the other stuff whats the use, i know i wont be getting the extra money we are having a baby this june.

+1
    I'd say the S3 charger and XS intercooler is a solid 1+ mph over the X charger and stock IC. And I ran this setup (XS IC, S3 s/c + 42s) for many hours. No AFR gauge, but my exhaust manifold bell is in 100% shape so I'd venture a guess to say it's the better option compared to the X s/c and stock IC.

Banned User
    what a issue this is cause my charger is in need of rebuild and the S3 kit isnt cheap thats why i took the deal on the Xcharger for less the 600 bucks, i have a xs IC but i didnt install it thinking that the x charger would be enough with the 42's

+1
    42s will not be enough for the X charger and IC so if you have to stick with a tight budget then my best suggestion is run the X charger and XS IC, but sell the 42s and pick up a RRFPR. Or make your own. That's the best possible outcome IMO working with what you have.

Banned User
    is doing ur own RRFPR hard, I mean i know how to hook one up on my eclipse but this whole jetski 4 stoke is new to me i was a 951 junkie for years.

+1
    is doing ur own RRFPR hard, I mean i know how to hook one up on my eclipse but this whole jetski 4 stoke is new to me i was a 951 junkie for years.
    Can't be [easily] done. The regulator itself is nothing special, but the adapter to fit it to the tank, replacing the stock regulator, is a special billet part.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information