Is anyone going to try the new ECU??? I may, My options

From what GP told me the new ECU for the RXP can be ran in the stock class and it does not richen the fuel as much as the RR racing ECU. I tried to get Mark today but no luck. i have sever diffrent option to go here for my next mods. Now I have the Riva stage one kit - the wedge sponson and the OPAS block offs. and I am getitng some nice acceleration and when i get my impeller back this week I hope to see a solid 71. I am looking at goint with the SC impeller while beefing up the SC cluch or I am thinking about skiping the SC impeller and go with the new ECU. with the stage one kit hmmmmmmmm I think I probly still need to pull the SC and do the cluch no matter which way i go. Or fo rthe price for the ECU just get the DC impeller and cluch. Is it a muct to run the ECU wi the Intercooler??? if it is I might jsut want to go with the SC impeller. Dam I have just confused myself. That mean another repitch on the solas LOL man this get better and better

+1
    When I get to the next purchase (like you I'm at the SC impeller crossroad), I think I'm going to steer away from the ECU until the very end (if there's such thing as one). I would opt for the intercooler before the ECU because I've heard that you do not need to have the ECU for the intercooler - at least that's the way I hear it from the Riva Stage II literature. I think Jerry has chimed in on that too, perhaps M. Underwood as well.

+1
    Jr. i'd skip the ECU for now and go straight to the intercooler. The gains you get from the intercooler will outweigh that ECU. Later down the road add the ECU. Just my opinion!

+1
    Yeah, what he said. I think Jerry was the one that told me that too. I think green is the envy we have, so this site should be properly named confusiushulk.net that way he can legitimately stay with black and never go back (that didn't sound right).

Santa Monika, People's Republik of Kalifornia...
    +1
    If you're racing stock class you can install any part from any other year model of the same boat, if the ECU is from a 2005 RXP you CAN run it.

If the intercooler Jerry mentions isn't from another year RXP then it's forbiden in stock class (like a RR ECU)

+1
    that's true! no RR intercooler in stock class.

Jerry
    I rember you saying you tried running yours on the stock ECU but I cant rember your results. One thing I am concern about is how the IC with out the ECu makes the motor run and the life of the motor.

Jerry
    I rember you saying you tried running yours on the stock ECU but I cant rember your results. One thing I am concern about is how the IC with out the ECu makes the motor run and the life of the motor.

+1
    I think it's safe to run the intercooler without the RR ecu. Riva is doing the same thing with their new power cooler. PPG is running the RR intercooler on a few skis without the ECU with no problems.

I tried it once. Although i still had great acceleration I lost about 2 mph on the top end.

Thread Information