Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

300hp SeaDoo SC/IC GTI build: GTI experiences/advice/tips requested! Thanks!

Well I stumbled across a deal on a pair of 2007 GTI's complete minus engines. I'm going to throw a 155 in the nicer one and sell it to make some money on the deal. The other, I wanna build a monster GTI! I already have most all the parts already, why not! So I'm looking to build an 85mph GTI, I figure 300-340hp should do it. But looking for some advice from those experienced withthe platform

This will be a Rec ski, I may get into racing eventually, but for now, I just like riding around the lake on the weekends, and just dusting anyone that Tries to race me. So it will be mainly a straight line ski, setup for high speed sweeping turns. How fast have people gotten these GTI hulls? And at what boost? HP? I know there are some turbo GTI's out there!

One of the hulls needs a pump shoe anyway, so I already have a RXP pump shoe on order. I've checked, and it will bolt right up perfectly, so that's covered. I already have a RXP pump w/stainless ring and 15/21 prop & RXP driveshaft ready to drop in. So my drivetrain/motor/electronics is handled.

? - What intake grate do you recomend thats good for top end, without sacraficing too much hole shot?

? - Are the driveshaft/carbon ring seals the same for all driveshafts? The RXP shaft is a larger diameter than the GTI shaft, isnt it? Will a rad4 seal work? I think I would prefer to get one of those.

? - What is suggested as far as OPAS Blockoff's? Do the blockoff plates work fine with good sponsons, or are the Riva pro/RE's a big improvement being its a longer flatter hull, with a not as deep a V as an RXP? I figure it would sit lower in the water is why I asked that. Which sponsons work best? Riva? Some Aussie brand? Any reccomended posistion? All the way up or down? Are there any overstuff/bucking issues with this hull? If so at what speed should I look for them?

? - Any suggestion for rideplate angles? I have (2) 08 rideplates, an OEM one, and a speedfreaks modded one. I was wanting to use the speedfreaks plate. Does anyone have any experience with plate angle changes on a GTI? I just dont want to get into any overstuff issues

P.S. if anyone's feeling really generous, and would like to help me build a ridiculous ski, I'm good at keeping secrets . Your secret race tips are safe with me!

Also if anyone has any performance GTI parts for sale, PM me! I may be interested in buying them, or I have LOTS of stuff to trade!

Any and all tips/tricks or advice is much appreciated, and thank as always guys for the great help and advice I get on this forum.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0249.JPG 
Views:	193 
Size:	2.18 MB 
ID:	115706   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0250.JPG 
Views:	181 
Size:	1.97 MB 
ID:	115707  

+1
    This sounds like a fun build. Can you make a couch go 85 on 300hp? This should be an interesting thread.

ROTAX RACING performance
    +1
    - the Les Cooke build turbo GTIs 350-420 HP topspeed max 81 mph
    - SC GTIs IGNI POWER,C-Kit, all parts you can have max 77 mph

all with RXP pumpshoe and heavy Intake tunnel modification.

so 85 mph absolut not possible !, holeshot is good, with lightweight GTI hull, the GTI can outrun a full modify RXP on the holeshot easy.

check the 2007 video. thats with stock hull and only 1.35 bar boost (2o psi) launch control, etc. topspeed on that boat was only 77 mph
    Attached Files Attached Files

+1
    only 1.35 bar boost (2o psi)
    ONLY!!!

That's what I needed to know, thanks! I had heard the same from another member about that top speed about the GTI hull being about 77ish, so be it. 75 is good enough for me! Thanks for the input guys.

DAMN!! just watched that video, had to watch it at super super slow speed, but talk about walking away, WOW. That GTI is GONE!!!!

ROTAX RACING performance
    +1
    Franky Zapata on the far outside, take the holeshot, but the GTI came 2nd at the first turn

+1
    I saw some mean GTI's at the WF's this last year... they sound fast and run even faster!! Good luck with your build boost... cant wait to see your results!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by boostaholic View Post
    Well I stumbled across a deal on a pair of 2007 GTI's complete minus engines. I'm going to throw a 155 in the nicer one and sell it to make some money on the deal. The other, I wanna build a monster GTI! I already have most all the parts already, why not! So I'm looking to build an 85mph GTI, I figure 300-340hp should do it. But looking for some advice from those experienced withthe platform

This will be a Rec ski, I may get into racing eventually, but for now, I just like riding around the lake on the weekends, and just dusting anyone that Tries to race me. So it will be mainly a straight line ski, setup for high speed sweeping turns. How fast have people gotten these GTI hulls? And at what boost? HP? I know there are some turbo GTI's out there!

One of the hulls needs a pump shoe anyway, so I already have a RXP pump shoe on order. I've checked, and it will bolt right up perfectly, so that's covered. I already have a RXP pump w/stainless ring and 15/21 prop & RXP driveshaft ready to drop in. So my drivetrain/motor/electronics is handled.

? - What intake grate do you recomend thats good for top end, without sacraficing too much hole shot?

? - Are the driveshaft/carbon ring seals the same for all driveshafts? The RXP shaft is a larger diameter than the GTI shaft, isnt it? Will a rad4 seal work? I think I would prefer to get one of those.

? - What is suggested as far as OPAS Blockoff's? Do the blockoff plates work fine with good sponsons, or are the Riva pro/RE's a big improvement being its a longer flatter hull, with a not as deep a V as an RXP? I figure it would sit lower in the water is why I asked that. Which sponsons work best? Riva? Some Aussie brand? Any reccomended posistion? All the way up or down? Are there any overstuff/bucking issues with this hull? If so at what speed should I look for them?

? - Any suggestion for rideplate angles? I have (2) 08 rideplates, an OEM one, and a speedfreaks modded one. I was wanting to use the speedfreaks plate. Does anyone have any experience with plate angle changes on a GTI? I just dont want to get into any overstuff issues

P.S. if anyone's feeling really generous, and would like to help me build a ridiculous ski, I'm good at keeping secrets . Your secret race tips are safe with me!

Also if anyone has any performance GTI parts for sale, PM me! I may be interested in buying them, or I have LOTS of stuff to trade!

Any and all tips/tricks or advice is much appreciated, and thank as always guys for the great help and advice I get on this forum.

PM Mitch Newlin...he KNOWS alot about your thought's and has some of his own....You need to talk to him!

The drive shaft is not thet easy the motor is in a different spot.The block off are different the hull is shaped different.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information