Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

2000 C.C./ Endurance Race Boat

Hey everyone, let me just start by saying this site is awesome. I am a new member and in the little time I have been on here I have learned a TON of info.
    So I have a 2000 GP1200R. I got it used 2 years ago w/ a bunch of extra parts and a blown motor. I pieced it back together and rode the last two summers. The thing was FAST. I GPSed it at 80.4 but it had seen better days and reliability was an issue. This winter I decided to tear it down and rebuild. I was just going to do a mild refresh but after joining the site and see some of the amazing boats on here I was inspired to build the boat I wanted and to do it right. Thanks for all the info so far I am sure I have a lot to learn so any comments or criticism is wlecome.

Thanks
    -Charlie

This is what I started with

I stripped the entire thing down to bare hull and had a buddy paint it satin black. I am goin for a stealth fighter kinda theme. I named it "The Moisture Missile". After it got back from paint and I read how important a smooth and true bottom is, I flipped it over and got to work.
    The starting point

Filling the lows

Sanded flat in process of painting

Upside Down

Finished w/ 3 coats of clear and wet sanded w/ 600 grit front to back

Mocked up w/ cowlings and hood

Gutted

Carbon steering hole cover (thanks Jorge)

Carbon Sponsons

Sand Blasted and painted Trim tabs

Pile 'o parts

Motor- 1200PV Riva heads w/ 175 psi, Dominator Intake, M-16 Reeds, Advent Ign., See-doo coils, Triples

Novi 48s

Factory Pipe water box vs. Stock

More to come. Just waiting on parts.

+1
    Nice ski, can't wait to see it all back together.

Moderated
    mmmm very nice indeed.

keep up the great work

Greenhulk Grasshopah (DRC) HallPass's Avatar
    +1
    sweet ski!!!

i hear you lose speed with the spray deflector on the gpr...

dunno if you care

Quote Originally Posted by HallPass View Post
    i hear you lose speed with the spray deflector on the gpr...

dunno if you care
    Really? How so, just wind resistance? And I don't really care. I am setting it up for closed course/ enduro racing. So as long as it stays in the 80s like it did last year I am fine with it. Plus its nice being able to see the bouy instead of bouncing off of it.

BTW if anyone lives in the southern Maryland area, hit me up this spring. Me and my buddy set up a pretty sweet course just about every weekend out near Chapel Piont, but nobody wants to play with us.

Greenhulk Grasshopah (DRC) HallPass's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by megachuck View Post
    Really? How so, just wind resistance? And I don't really care. I am setting it up for closed course/ enduro racing. So as long as it stays in the 80s like it did last year I am fine with it. Plus its nice being able to see the bouy instead of bouncing off of it.

BTW if anyone lives in the southern Maryland area, hit me up this spring. Me and my buddy set up a pretty sweet course just about every weekend out near Chapel Piont, but nobody wants to play with us.

this is from Hydrojunkies first conversion thread.. he had one and joe said this:

Quote Originally Posted by Insanediego Joe View Post
    Fyi, be prepared for that splash guard to cost you some speed. There have been reports that it actually forces the nose down not allowing the hull to plane out as it should. Nice job!
    so what parts are you going to be running?

i read like the :
    Motor- 1200PV Riva heads w/ 175 psi, Dominator Intake, M-16 Reeds, Advent Ign., See-doo coils, Triples, novi's, trued hull..

but what rideplate, intake grate.. are those bullet sponsons?

Hmm. Interesting

Quote Originally Posted by HallPass View Post
    so what parts are you going to be running?

i read like the :
    Motor- 1200PV Riva heads w/ 175 psi, Dominator Intake, M-16 Reeds, Advent Ign., See-doo coils, Triples, novi's, trued hull..

but what rideplate, intake grate.. are those bullet sponsons?
    I have a 12 vein magnum setback on the way, its coming with a 14/20 scat swirl impeller. Never used scat impeller so I will see how it works. Gonna install the two inch spacer on the pump as well. I have a carbon fiber RPOT rideplate to go with the RPOT adj. trim tabs. They might be bullet sponsons. They were on the boat when I bought it. They are great though. This thing has thrown me a few times. You really have to pay attention during hard cornering. I am using an R&D intake grate.

I am getting ported cylinders and cases and installing a factory pipe water box. I am also going to take the flywheel to the machine shop up the road and get it lightened. I dont want to go to total loss as I do a ton of riding and dont want the head ache of charging the battery. Just turn key and go. The crank has already been trued and welded.

+1

+1
    Welcome Chuck. Have fun,take your time on this build.There is tons of great info on here to get you were you want to be.One thing i recommend is to run your water routing on the right side of the ski.Factory says use the left side,but its impossible to get to anything with the pipes in the way.I will put a link up on my 1500cc stroked triple pipe build.Hope that helps.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information