Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Which SHO ride plate?

I'm thinking about putting a few mods on the SHO this season...
    If I go for it, I'm pretty sure about these:
    - Riva FF exhaust
    - Riva PF intake
    - Riva grate + R&D PPK

Don't know about the ride plate, though. Riva? R&D? Is getting one Jim's worked his magic on worth the extra $300 if I'm not racing? I don't really have a specific problem that I'm trying to solve with the ride plate (unlike the above mods), so is it even worth messing with?

The two lakes I spend the most time on are pretty rough, so increasing top speed isn't really a big deal, since I'm not concerned about bragging rights.

None of these mods should void the factory or Yami extended warranty, right?

Quote Originally Posted by amharms View Post
    I'm thinking about putting a few mods on the SHO this season...
    If I go for it, I'm pretty sure about these:
    - Riva FF exhaust
    - Riva PF intake
    - Riva grate + R&D PPK

Don't know about the ride plate, though. Riva? R&D? Is getting one Jim's worked his magic on worth the extra $300 if I'm not racing? I don't really have a specific problem that I'm trying to solve with the ride plate (unlike the above mods), so is it even worth messing with?

The two lakes I spend the most time on are pretty rough, so increasing top speed isn't really a big deal, since I'm not concerned about bragging rights.

None of these mods should void the factory or Yami extended warranty, right?

Well, if you want the Riva plate you may be waiting until women hate shoes and shopping. R&D's plate is excellant and if you wish to pop for Jim's work on it you can't go wrong. R&D's plate provided me with much less scrubbing when turning and this will be noticable even if you are just a recreational rider having fun. Warranty I cannot speak to, but I doubt it.

+1
    I have a Jims turn key modified R&D SHO ride plate in stock ready to ship.... no waiting.

Thanks

SHOBiz: What do you mean by "scrubbing?" In a hard turn, it might bounce over chop a little bit... is that what you're talking about?

GH: What are Jim's pre-modded plates modded for? Top end? Rough water handling?

SHOBiz: What do you mean by "scrubbing?" In a hard turn, it might bounce over chop a little bit... is that what you're talking about?

On the stock plate I would lose a lot of speed being scrubbed off in a turn, with tthe R&D plate that was greatly reduced. I believe Jim can do a cut for rough water or speed...

+1

The plate i have in stock is for top end. Jim can cut a plate for rough water handling though.

Will that plate hanndle loose on the ocean

If I were you I would do some research on here on jims plate. As far as I know there is a known porpoising issue with the modified plate that is yet to be solved. There is an entire thread on here discussing the plate I would read that before you make a purchase.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOBiz View Post
    Well, if you want the Riva plate you may be waiting until women hate shoes and shopping.

I have ridden both Rip & Dude's skis with Jim's plate & it really makes a big improvement in flat water handling. The stock plate will bury the bow & cause it to hook slightly when you add too much steering in fast hard turns...and gets much worse with the Riva sponsons set full agressive. SHObiz is right, Jims plate allows you to carry much more speed through fast turns...no more hooking. I still think the stock plate is better offshore because it's much longer.

I have an unmodded r&d plate....no porpoising...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information