Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

250x ecu or cams & pistons

i am still looking for an aftermarket ecu for the ultra 250x. i am aware of units than can work from igni-power, autronics, motec, haltech and jetworx. riva said they are not working on one!
    trying to decide between ecu and new pistons cams and prop.

i emailed some of the companies above trying to see if they could make an adapter for me to use the stock harness with their ecu.
    motec and haltech said they can but would probably have to make me a whole new harness, and they could do a production run, but if i want just one could be between $2,000 and $5,000!!! still waiting on autronic response and igni-power is hard to communicate with and jetworx has mixed reviews and nothing avail yet. does anyone else have an idea or suggestions for other companies?

what do you think about a new ecu vs getting 09 pistons, cams, and prop? thanks

Banned User
    +1
    I am looking for one as well. im suprised that with the super chargers and fuel injection no one has one out yet. This would allow so much more out of theese skis

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by FIRE0021 View Post
    I am looking for one as well. im suprised that with the super chargers and fuel injection no one has one out yet. This would allow so much more out of theese skis
    Haltech is a very well priced system, As long as you have a 3D fuel an ignition mapping system you can do any thing you want with the tune ( if you know how to you is that is)

Different system will have different aux driving circuits

All of them can be used with the STD harness, But will involve reterminating the ECU ends if the connector so you can use their pin outs, all you will need will be a empty ECU plug, you may need to add some extra wires just depends on each manufactures requirements, but atleast 85+% of the harness will be done for you.

So any off the AUTOMOTIVE systems can work, you will just need to house the ECU in a water tight area.

Waz

Quote Originally Posted by born riding View Post
    i am still looking for an aftermarket ecu for the ultra 250x. i am aware of units than can work from igni-power, autronics, motec, haltech and jetworx. riva said they are not working on one!
    trying to decide between ecu and new pistons cams and prop.

i emailed some of the companies above trying to see if they could make an adapter for me to use the stock harness with their ecu.
    motec and haltech said they can but would probably have to make me a whole new harness, and they could do a production run, but if i want just one could be between $2,000 and $5,000!!! still waiting on autronic response and igni-power is hard to communicate with and jetworx has mixed reviews and nothing avail yet. does anyone else have an idea or suggestions for other companies?

what do you think about a new ecu vs getting 09 pistons, cams, and prop? thanks
    I would go for the 09 setup.Simple and cheap.
    R-Rated has listed something on the website for complete 07/08 to 09 conversion kit.

The Jetworx one we used on our turbo ski was a piggy one running in parallel with the stock ECU and all connectors were OEM.
    Fully programable via laptop.Wont help you with a stock ski.
    Mixed reviews are caused by our beloved keyboard pissing contestants.
    Last edited by GODOSIDIS; 02-05-2009 at 03:49 PM. Reason: .

+1

ok

Quote Originally Posted by sirbreaksalot View Post
    Haltech is a very well priced system, As long as you have a 3D fuel an ignition mapping system you can do any thing you want with the tune ( if you know how to you is that is)

Different system will have different aux driving circuits

All of them can be used with the STD harness, But will involve reterminating the ECU ends if the connector so you can use their pin outs, all you will need will be a empty ECU plug, you may need to add some extra wires just depends on each manufactures requirements, but atleast 85+% of the harness will be done for you.

So any off the AUTOMOTIVE systems can work, you will just need to house the ECU in a water tight area.

Waz
    some do have waterproof as an option. but can you elaborate more on what else is most important to look for in an ecu? I know you said 3D mapping, but what is 4D? thanks?

+1

igni-power

also wondering about igni power? anyone used the universal 4cyl system?
    has anyone heard of some piggy back systems that work? jetworx piggy is no good for mostly stock right?

Quote Originally Posted by GODOSIDIS View Post
    I would go for the 09 setup.Simple and cheap.
    R-Rated has listed something on the website for complete 07/08 to 09 conversion kit.

The Jetworx one we used on our turbo ski was a piggy one running in parallel with the stock ECU and all connectors were OEM.
    Fully programable via laptop.Wont help you with a stock ski.
    Mixed reviews are caused by our beloved keyboard pissing contestants.
    Blu is the only guy that has started the 07 to 09 mod (thats stated online). I'm intrested in the results. Curious to know what kind of gains he will net with that simple/cheap setup. (beats having to use race gas!) 09 setup with a small amount of boost addition would be nice.

whats with the piggy back thing? care to elaborate?

+1

excited

way too excited, now i am thinking about 09 upgrade and low end prog. piggy back ecu together!! could be trouble? anyone used perfect power, greddy, powerhouse or bullseye? just thinking....thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dubz1 View Post
    Blu is the only guy that has started the 07 to 09 mod (thats stated online). I'm intrested in the results. Curious to know what kind of gains he will net with that simple/cheap setup. (beats having to use race gas!) 09 setup with a small amount of boost addition would be nice.

whats with the piggy back thing? care to elaborate?
    Its a very cool thing u just plug it and it works.
    Got mine allready tuned for 08 cause i dont have skill to do it myself.
    On question if i can put it on a 07 Jetworx reply was that i need cables ,software ,laptop ,AFR and i could easily do it myself.
    I opted to go easy way.
    My 09 piggy ECU will be here around March and then i will share everything.
    In your case i really dont know if it will help.Best thing give them a call,hope they solved the tel line issue.
    Otherwise i will PM you an email.

Banned User
    +1
    what is diffrent about the 09 ecu ?

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information