Stock Honda speeds

My buddy and I have been dukeing it out for the last 2 days. He says the stock 02 honda turbo or non will run 70+ mph. All I have ever read says these things are slugs and reliable. All I have ever read is there is a guy thats not very friendly that sells a kit to get it 5mp but it cost a ton. Please post up GPS numbers only, no dreamo numbers. I can give a rats butt what the dreamo says, I wanna know GPS numbers... starting in 02 for stock engines, and turbo numbers and modded engines.... All the reading says they will do 61-63 stock if they are lucky...

Not a 02, but have a friends 04 f-12x thats stock top out at 60.2

Quote Originally Posted by chritopherlloyd View Post
    My buddy and I have been dukeing it out for the last 2 days. He says the stock 02 honda supercharged or non will run 70+ mph.
    First off for clarification, the Honda's are turbo charged, not supercharged. Complete difference on how the air is pumped into the manifold. That being said, you win the duel, as the stock Honda F12 3 seater (turbo or non) will get to 60ish. That's it. The 2 seater R12 (turbo or non) will get to 62ish. Both GPS numbers. A heavily modified Honda F12x has been rumored to reach 70ish, but never has been confirmed with any GPS (to the best of my VERY LIMITED KNOWLEDGE). Regardless, there are probably only a handful of Honda's on Earth reaching a legitimate 70mph, much less passing it. 12 series, that is.

honda's are turbocharged. just under 65 mph is top speed.

04 F12X Turbo

After I took stock grate off and a solas intake in, I went from 63-64 to 65 and hits 66 now and then.

+1
    I have raced a stock 12r and I can kill it the entire time, they just can't hold up to the Ultra. That being said I got my arse handed to me once by a 12r and I GPS'd around 69 for the race. It can be done and but I'm sure that ski had more money in it then all my skis and cars put together.

Thread Information