Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 42
  1. #1
    It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Posts
    4,573

    GPR-SHO with Stage 2 Kit

    Hey guys....bench racing time!!!

    If a stock GPR-SHO with 210 hp is running 76-77 mph.....what would an approx 315hp Riva Stage 2 ski run?

    In GPS form?
    And in drag/CC setup?


  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip'nTear SHO View Post
    If a stock GPR-SHO with 210 hp is running 76-77 mph.....what would an approx 315hp Riva Stage 2 ski run?
    Who posted that number? Anyways with 300+HP id guess about the same as the 4tec powered conversions with that kind of power. Since CC setup I'd say between 85-90mph.

  3. #3
    It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Posts
    4,573
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP-REX View Post
    Who posted that number? Anyways with 300+HP id guess about the same as the 4tec powered conversions with that kind of power. Since CC setup I'd say between 85-90mph.
    It was a friend of Bruce's at Riva i believe....he was the first to have a running GPR-SHO (that we know of....wink wink...not including the Yamaha employees )

  4. #4
    It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Posts
    4,573
    and yes......me and the boys r thinking of building one of these beasts.....that is...if the stars align correctly

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southern Florida
    Posts
    5,589
    +1
    345
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip'nTear SHO View Post
    and yes......me and the boys r thinking of building one of these beasts.....that is...if the stars align correctly
    Uh oh...better go hide my ski.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip'nTear SHO View Post
    It was a friend of Bruce's at Riva i believe....he was the first to have a running GPR-SHO (that we know of....wink wink...not including the Yamaha employees )
    Ahhh, I was wondering what happened to that project. So he left everything untouched on the ski other than putting the SHO engine in it? Is there a link to this anywhere or is this traveling by word of mouth? Seems kind of low speeds, considering a bone stock 4tec is 208HP and those were real close to 80mph. I dont know if they were running Jim's plate, stepped sponsons, 800 grate, etc. though.

    Anyways, I'll stick with my prediction of 85-90mph with a 300+HP SHO engine in a GPR hull.

  7. #7
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    RIP, if the ski is set up properly it will easily go 90-92 mph with that HP

  8. #8
    It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Posts
    4,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    RIP, if the ski is set up properly it will easily go 90-92 mph with that HP

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    RIP, if the ski is set up properly it will easily go 90-92 mph with that HP
    Even in a closed course setup?

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southern Florida
    Posts
    5,589
    +1
    345
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    RIP, if the ski is set up properly it will easily go 90-92 mph with that HP

    We may have a use for my engine.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2004 rxp lost rpms with stage 2 kit
    By hilltopbrent in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-25-2010, 07:43 PM
  2. what is the right impeller pitch for utlra260 with stage 1 kit?
    By timmy_philson in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-13-2010, 08:53 AM
  3. Fx-sho riva stage 1 kit
    By GAV in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-09-2010, 06:50 AM
  4. Pain in the a$$ FX-SHO Riva stage 1 kit
    By robk in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-01-2009, 08:17 PM
  5. GTX Limited with Stage 1 kit--Stalls out
    By opaleski in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-04-2007, 06:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •