Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Thanks skipp

Thanks skipp

THANKS SKIPP FOR ALL YOUR INFO AND HARD WORK ! ! ! SOME PEOPLE JUST DONT GET IT.YOU DO ALOT FOR ARE SPORT AND I AM GRATEFULL FOR ALL THE INFO YOU PROVIDE. SO KEEP IT INFO COMING AND DONT LET THE DICK HEADS SCREW IT UP FOR THE PEOPLE THAT INJOY YOUR INPUT..FREE INFO AND THEY BITCH ABOUT IT.PLEASE PEOPLE DISH SOME RESPECT FOR FREE INFO.SOME OF US NEED IT AND RESPECT IT...THANKS AZLawson

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by AZLawson View Post
    THANKS SKIPP FOR ALL YOUR INFO AND HARD WORK ! ! ! SOME PEOPLE JUST DONT GET IT.YOU DO ALOT FOR ARE SPORT AND I AM GRATEFULL FOR ALL THE INFO YOU PROVIDE. SO KEEP IT INFO COMING AND DONT LET THE DICK HEADS SCREW IT UP FOR THE PEOPLE THAT INJOY YOUR INPUT..FREE INFO AND THEY BITCH ABOUT IT.PLEASE PEOPLE DISH SOME RESPECT FOR FREE INFO.SO OF US NEED IT AND RESPECT IT...THANKS AZLawson
    i have to agree!!!!!!!!! and the people who are bitchin' rarely give any input or appreciation. I know skip personally and he is one of the nicest guys around. he has done more for me than i could ever say. When he sees a fellow rider in need he always helps and never asks for anything in return. he loves the 250 platform, and isn't that what this section is all about? anyway just wanted to say that i agree with lawson and it just sux to see a person get ragged on for not giving enough or not giving what certain people want to hear. I am just thankful that people like him have the dedication to do what he does and share with us. I love this stuff and it is hard to find good people to help or explain the things i want to learn so badly. sorry for the rant, anyway, thanks skip and all those who are on the same "team"!

+1. I don’t see anyone else who is a racer doing the things that Skip does. I'm sure he keeps some stuff to himself, but for the most part, his testing (on his own dime), and writeups are quite informative.
    I enjoy reading them, as well as checking his website for new updates. His goal is/was to have all the Kawi guys get the most out of their craft (maybe some dont realize this). Plain and simple. I know the guys on the west coast appreciate the work he's done, and the raport that he has with our mechanic. Keep up the good work Skip.
    Not all people here are down you you man! I recall from day one him saying the pulley kit gives you great acceleration, but not much top end. People bought the R&D kit, and complained NO TOP END. Well, they musta not read his input! That’s what he said in the first place. I remember him doing the piston kit, and saying MORE TOP END, BUT the Ultra & 75 MPH is a tough thing to do! I still agree with that statement! Anyways, my .02 for whatever its worth.

Well here is my input, little of that it may be. I am just a rec rider:weekends, vacation time, etc. I would love to do hands on myself BUT i do not have the time. I want to go fast and thanks to skip and a lot of the full time guys here, if I want to do 80 I'll need another platform. I don't.

Skip has done all the hands on how-to-do with photos on most of the aftermarket go-fast things we can buy(so if I had time I could retrace his step by step). He also helped me out with my limited 91 octane scenario at the lake (a gal of xylene here and there hooah).....

It has become a pissing match here...........not sure why. The claims by company A vs company B vs stateside vs downudder (hehe sorry just pokin at you all) vs realistic results really has distracted from this board...especially to the plain old rec rider that wants a few more mph out of his boat.

What I have learned from Skip and Dubz and SirBreakalot and BlueTn, and Rudi is to achieve 70 mph you need: A. rideplate B. wedge C. Impros pump/impleller mod; for 70-72 A-C plus exhaust, plus intake, plus BOV/bypass and timing;for 72-77 everything else.

I say thanks to all of the contributors that keep the topic on point......

It is hard to be an individual such as Skip...be a racer, and a tester and have a life and yet contribute her as he has (out of pocket without free bees).........if you go to other boards such as the one the JWilson has...again what is stated here is stated there..........

Thanks to skip I know that this spring after I have the TBM ride plate, the LX wedge, the Impros pump/peller ("Skip" mod), the anticav cone and pump shoe kit, the bypass and BOV kit, Riva intake and exhaust and for me the "09" timing key) I should be within the 71+ mph range and Ill be a happy camper and be able to blow away most of the weekend Yami and SeeDoo riders on my end of LOTO.

So...Skip a big Army HOOAH!!!!!!

...if I want to go FAST all I gotta do is ride my green toy below and Im at 200mph.....

Peace

+1
    don't let em grind ya down skip.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Dont worry Skipp and the other in putter's

everybody can and will be a cock sometime or other in their life,
    Shit happen's than it over I say

So can we just agree to disagree and continue to get helpfull info on this site.

If people dont want to share info Fine,
    But dont be the keyboard hero's and tell us that there are better ways to do it , but I can tell you cause its a secret.....

cause all that does in piss everybody off and we all get no where

So my take on this crap lately is either fess up or F**k off

Time for A holiday I think

Waz
    Last edited by sirbreaksalot; 02-12-2009 at 01:37 AM.

It's simple, look at the information, the write ups............that says it all!

A Special Thanks to Skip Holmes

This is my first entry to this extemely helpful and informative site. I am a long time racer and general watercraft enthusiast. I have enjoyed considerable success at the regional, national and world level. I have also made many friends and networked with racers from around the world. Some share, some are extremely careful with information and understanably so. Gaining any edge is diffucult at best, especially on a budget.
    I met Skip by chance at the Nashville Nationals in '07. The Ultra platform was new as were the 4-strokes to myself. Skip at once volunteered info and assistance unselfishly and without reservation. This is the type of kinship and comaraderie that makes racing great! Thanks Skip!
    Kent Abbott

Wecome to the Forum Kent!

All I've got to say is thank you Skip for all the info you've provided to all of us . And to the haters

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information