Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31
  1. #1
    Bow chicka wow wow
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Charlotte,NC
    Posts
    490
    +1
    5

    Single Biggest Bang for the $

    A'ight guys. Stage 1 06 RXP, what is the single biggest bang in MPH for the $ without internal engine modification? Don't care about hole shot.

    If you say S/C wheel, then which one?Without changing ECU or doing any internal engine mods or decreasing the life of a basically stock motor, very well maintained(beyond OEM recommendations)?

    GPS between 73-75mph now depending on conditions of course. Anything that can get me to the next level? Plus 75-78mph without blowing a valve or piston through my as.?


  2. #2
    Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    9,202
    +1
    673
    Quote Originally Posted by Pirates81 View Post
    A'ight guys. Stage 1 06 RXP, what is the single biggest bang in MPH for the $ without internal engine modification? Don't care about hole shot.

    If you say S/C wheel, then which one?Without changing ECU or doing any internal engine mods or decreasing the life of a basically stock motor, very well maintained(beyond OEM recommendations)?

    GPS between 73-75mph now depending on conditions of course. Anything that can get me to the next level? Plus 75-78mph without blowing a valve or piston through my as.?
    X charger, 42# injectors, XS cooler, 4" intake & RRFPR

  3. #3
    Bow chicka wow wow
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Charlotte,NC
    Posts
    490
    +1
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyRXP View Post
    X charger, 42# injectors, XS cooler, 4" intake & RRFPR

    X charger like the one sold in on-line store?

  4. #4
    Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    9,202
    +1
    673
    Quote Originally Posted by Pirates81 View Post
    X charger like the one sold in on-line store?
    Yep... complete deal for under $700

    You WILL feel a difference with this charger... without blowing out your rings every 60-80 hrs. (if your lucky) as the monster chargers will do

  5. #5
    West Texas RXP skoepp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    west texas
    Posts
    12,019
    +1
    149
    hello pirates,sorry haven't called, been crazy.I like bigdaaddys recommendation bang for the buck. you might not need rrfpr at our elevation, or atlest not in summer. Now that your in my backyard LOL, you got me to help mod your ski. I know someone that has a j pipe with bung and L LM-1 close by for testing. (smiley face goes here).

  6. #6
    Bow chicka wow wow
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Charlotte,NC
    Posts
    490
    +1
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    hello pirates,sorry haven't called, been crazy.I like bigdaaddys recommendation bang for the buck. you might not need rrfpr at our elevation, or atlest not in summer. Now that your in my backyard LOL, you got me to help mod your ski. I know someone that has a j pipe with bung and L LM-1 close by for testing. (smiley face goes here).
    No problem, I need to be working anyways, can't do much with jet ski sitting in NC, I've got a little extra $ and I was just thinking, what I need to do to even stay close to some guy from Lubbock on Lake Alan Henry this summer?

    Sounds like your guys are recommending some reasonable mods. Just keep in mind I've got over 200 hours on my engine, so I am a little shy about any heavy mods. I was thinking I could get by without the rrfpr also. Is all gas in West Texas 91 octane?

  7. #7
    West Texas RXP skoepp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    west texas
    Posts
    12,019
    +1
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by Pirates81 View Post
    No problem, I need to be working anyways, can't do much with jet ski sitting in NC, I've got a little extra $ and I was just thinking, what I need to do to even stay close to some guy from Lubbock on Lake Alan Henry this summer?

    Sounds like your guys are recommending some reasonable mods. Just keep in mind I've got over 200 hours on my engine, so I am a little shy about any heavy mods. I was thinking I could get by without the rrfpr also. Is all gas in West Texas 91 octane?
    we can do a compression check to see what it looks like. when will you have your ski here?

  8. #8
    toilets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lake Norman NC
    Posts
    193
    just curious but why wouldnt you flash your ecu? to me that would be the cheapest and easiest why to get a 2-3mph.

  9. #9
    Bow chicka wow wow
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Charlotte,NC
    Posts
    490
    +1
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    we can do a compression check to see what it looks like. when will you have your ski here?
    Not sure, l may get a chance to get back to NC between now and end of March. I'll be hollerin at everyone for sure when I get a place and start getting back into it.

    I guess I need to do a poll....LOL
    Lubbock?
    Littlefield?
    Levelland?
    Shallowater?

    Went by Alan Henry today on the way to Snyder...work related. Sure would have liked to pull on in and hook up on some of that water for sure!
    I hope I get it here in time to do some mods, I'd like to cover some of the lakes/rivers of Tx this summer!

  10. #10
    Bow chicka wow wow
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Charlotte,NC
    Posts
    490
    +1
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by toilets View Post
    just curious but why wouldnt you flash your ecu? to me that would be the cheapest and easiest why to get a 2-3mph.
    That's a good point, anyone done this? Who is the expert on this? Does seem like fuel mapping and timing would make a huge difference. And you can do this with the OEM ECU, right?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-12-2009, 08:02 AM
  2. best bang for the buck RXT-X
    By yz426er in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-30-2008, 10:23 AM
  3. wetsuits...best bang for the buck?
    By airbornexp in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-28-2008, 04:54 PM
  4. What mods give you the best bang for the buck?
    By Phil in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-28-2005, 07:10 AM
  5. laptop computer---best bang for the buck?
    By watermedic in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-15-2005, 10:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •