+1

where are you guys buying salvage PWC from

i have a friend looking for a fx160 becuase he needs a new motor for it. he figured he might be able to get a whole parts ski for the same cost as a motor and have parts if he needs them. i have seen other members post up about donor skis that they got from accidents and what not. so where are you buying them from.

I know someone will ask how he blew the engine. some how water contaminated the oil.

there is a huge pwc junkyard in michigan. Ive bought from them before.. there is a link somewhere in the polaris section. if you cant find it, pm me and ill get the number off my fridge. He specializes in older skis.. not sure what he has..youd have to call him

+1
    I was looking to do the same on my ZXI but I think in the long run, the NEWLY rebuilt motor was the way to go. I had gotten everything from ebay. The most expensive part was the rebuilt crank. I got a head, pistons, cylinder block and all the gaskets as well. It was very rewarding to hear it run and I know what I got. A new motor.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    I was looking to do the same on my ZXI but I think in the long run, the NEWLY rebuilt motor was the way to go. I had gotten everything from ebay. The most expensive part was the rebuilt crank. I got a head, pistons, cylinder block and all the gaskets as well. It was very rewarding to hear it run and I know what I got. A new motor.
    well a rebuilt motor on sbt is like 2400 i believe he said. he doesnt know enogh about mechanics to rebuild it him self. Im to busy ( i work full time and am a full time student) to do it plus i really dont want to get to involved in for a few reasons. he told me when he asked me to look if he doesnt find something by spring he might part it out on ebay and buy a SHO.

thats a nice sight but its a little far we were looking for something on the east cost though between ny and virgina maybe even as far as north Carolina. my family has a summer home in virgina and i have a trailer there so it would be asy for us to grab something there.

+1
    Www.salvagedirect.com

And as mentioned above, crashedtoys.com

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RX951 View Post
    i went on there web page and i went to register and it said this
    Membership at Salvage Direct, Inc. is limited to licensed dealers and dismantlers

Thread Information