Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Jerry, Jerry, Jerry jerryspringer's Avatar
    +1

ski doesnt start

hey guys,

recently when trying to start my ski (05 rxp) i plug the lanyard in, press the start button and all i get is a clicking sound (like a solenoid or something clicking, engine doesnt turn over etc). i then remove the lanyard and after 2 0r 3 attempts, the ski will start..

any ideas, obviously something is starting to fail, no error codes come up on gauges.. i wanna address fault b4 it gets worse and it lets me down whiltst im out on the water..

thnaks

Jerry,Jerry,Jerry

Need a battery possibly.

Bow chicka wow wow
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryspringer View Post
    hey guys,

recently when trying to start my ski (05 rxp) i plug the lanyard in, press the start button and all i get is a clicking sound (like a solenoid or something clicking, engine doesnt turn over etc). i then remove the lanyard and after 2 0r 3 attempts, the ski will start..

any ideas, obviously something is starting to fail, no error codes come up on gauges.. i wanna address fault b4 it gets worse and it lets me down whiltst im out on the water..

thnaks

Jerry,Jerry,Jerry
    Change out solenoid, that's the problem, I'm 99% sure. Mine did the same thing. Seadoos are notorious for this, we always carry and extra when we take jet ski trip. Located on bracket up front with fuse panel, about $40 can change in easily.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pirates81 View Post
    Change out solenoid, that's the problem, I'm 99% sure. Mine did the same thing. Seadoos are notorious for this, we always carry and extra when we take jet ski trip. Located on bracket up front with fuse panel, about $40 can change in easily.
    Yep same deal here i have now fitted 3 to my 2005 RXP

yup, its the solenoid.

Mine did the same thing, got progressively worse.

I think the part was $50, took 15 mins to change.

Jerry, Jerry, Jerry jerryspringer's Avatar
    +1
    thanx , anyone know the part no or exactly which solenoid so i can order through online store..

thanx

Jerry,Jerry,Jerry

Just use the Online Parts Finder (just below the Online Store) and add the solenoid to the shopping cart... Ron

05 rxp wont start

is this solenoid also called starter relay mine has just gone i think ski just clicks and battery is good, instrument panel flashes "key" its part 20 on the oem parts finder on electrical harness, cant find any part called solenoid

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tris View Post
    is this solenoid also called starter relay mine has just gone i think ski just clicks and battery is good, instrument panel flashes "key" its part 20 on the oem parts finder on electrical harness, cant find any part called solenoid
    If you display says "Key" your Dees key is not recognized.

+1
    Jerry, is this the original battery? I would think it's more likely that our four year old battery needs replaceing than the solenoid has mysteriously gone bad over the winter. I tried to start my ski(05 stg III RXP) the other day after having the battery on a trickle charger for a day (green light came on the charger indicating that the battery was fully charged) and the engine would turn over for a second and then just click the solenoid. Original battery showing fully charged on my charger but only reads 12.1 volts on a seperate meter(battery is toast). Swaped the original battery for my battery for my stereo(same as stock) and crank, crank, crank. Pulled the plugs, and put a little fuel in the spark plug holes, and it fired right up. I would suspect a battery problem at this point. Jump to another battery(vehicle not running) and see if your ski will crank. Good luck!
    OBJ

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information