Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Angry So Weird- grate fitment issue

I have a stock grate, pro-tec and riva. the pro-tec and stock fit perfectly but the riva wont reach the front of the boat. the holes line up but its like i need washers in between the grate and the boat to get it to touch. It wont touch the hull in the front. It has been back to riva twice and they say its fine but IT DOES NOT FIT. Anybody else ever expeirence this?

Not sure I understand?

If you tighten all the bolts down a little at a time, there is a gap at the front?

If you tighten the rear bolts first how much of a gap is there at the front?

Maybe the shoe is a little low.?

My Riva part if better than my R&D, but they are very similar.

+1
    I would not put any washers there. It will hang down and scrub off speed. I also would not just tork it down and let it bend as it might crack and brake tossing you off at speed . scrap that thing.

Quote Originally Posted by syclonedriver View Post
    If you tighten all the bolts down a little at a time, there is a gap at the front?

If you tighten the rear bolts first how much of a gap is there at the front?

Maybe the shoe is a little low.?

My Riva part if better than my R&D, but they are very similar.

The more I buy the more i find a lot of riva and rand d is shit

if the rear bolts tighten first there is like a 1/8 inch gap. If you tighten the front first or a little of both it wont sit flat.

Cant figure it out. My pump shoe is perfect.

+1
    easy fix, grind a little off the back end of the grate, the part that touches the shoe. You'll have to grind the inner wing and backside. Make sure you keep it as even as possible, till the front touches the hull after you bolt up the rear. Leave the bolts out of the front. Tighten the rear and keep checking till it finally sits in there. I had to do this to my 800 grate I have on my ski. Its no big issue. You just don't want to stress that by bolting it up. So pat yourself on the back for asking before you broke a grate and got hurt. Good luck.
    Don't toss the grate, just take it as not good advice. I've seen ride plates that aren't level either and you have to grind a little to make it fit. Its what everyone on here keeps repeating, you have to make sure it all fits right to get the extra benefits.
    SHOOTER

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by shooter98xpl View Post
    easy fix, grind a little off the back end of the grate, the part that touches the shoe. You'll have to grind the inner wing and backside. Make sure you keep it as even as possible, till the front touches the hull after you bolt up the rear. Leave the bolts out of the front. Tighten the rear and keep checking till it finally sits in there. I had to do this to my 800 grate I have on my ski. Its no big issue. You just don't want to stress that by bolting it up. So pat yourself on the back for asking before you broke a grate and got hurt. Good luck.
    Don't toss the grate, just take it as not good advice. I've seen ride plates that aren't level either and you have to grind a little to make it fit. Its what everyone on here keeps repeating, you have to make sure it all fits right to get the extra benefits.
    SHOOTER
    That is absolutely the best explanation I've read on how to, on this subject.

+1 On what Shooter just wrote..print it out and follow it.

I always fit and re-fit, grind and fit again..till I get it right. RIVA and R&D don't have quality control..obviously (800 grate)

SHOOTER
    +1

+1
    Shooter and Pistonwash rock

SHOOTER
    Ill give it a try - god only knows how much ive done already to fix things on this grate. I just worry about having it sit too deep in the shoe that the grate is recessed and the shoe drags. Ill give it a shot thougn.
    Last edited by jcorallo; 02-08-2009 at 07:22 PM. Reason: spelling

+1

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information