250 / 260 differences

What is the difference betwen the 08-250x and 09-260X models?

Isnt it any more differences other then the engine? a tought there was a reinforced hull, different pump etc?

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ec1 View Post
    Isnt it any more differences other then the engine? a tought there was a reinforced hull, different pump etc?
    easy answer look at the Kawi site, and read the features

Waz

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sirbreaksalot View Post
    easy answer look at the Kawi site, and read the features

Waz
    ah get out, is it that easy.......

+1
    All of the engine changes equate for an added 10 horsepower and the elimination of the GIO issue. The new prop provides added thrust but also equates for a little more cavitation in hard acceleration (from zero) and through aggressive turning. Other than that, the powertrain is more or less the same.

What's most impressive with the 260X and what is missing from the typical GreenHulk responses, is mention of it's superior handling over the previous model. The added "reinforcement" is actually ballast, weight added to the forward-most sides of the hull to aid it in "rolling" into turns. This allows the ski to corner on its nose, something the original 250X struggled fiercely with.

Sure, there's plenty of aftermarket equipment to help mimic this attribute (and provide the better horsepower), but working with the 250X to match the 260X's out-of-the-box improved performance leaves you starting from a deficit. If you're undecided between rebuilding a 250X or buying the new 260X, go with the 260X. At least you'll have warranty...

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustymuscle View Post
    All of the engine changes equate for an added 10 horsepower and the elimination of the GIO issue. The new prop provides added thrust but also equates for a little more cavitation in hard acceleration (from zero) and through aggressive turning. Other than that, the powertrain is more or less the same.

What's most impressive with the 260X and what is missing from the typical GreenHulk responses, is mention of it's superior handling over the previous model. The added "reinforcement" is actually ballast, weight added to the forward-most sides of the hull to aid it in "rolling" into turns. This allows the ski to corner on its nose, something the original 250X struggled fiercely with.I would have thaught the xtra reinforcement up front near the fuel tank area was to stop the cracking they get ( mine and 3 other I have seen that get ridden in offshore all are cracked) Have even seen cracks directly infront of engine in bottom of the Vee. I Dont see them doing it to add ballast, But I guess that wot they are calling a design fault upgrade these days
    Yes they are only gelcoat crack's, but that still tells me its a weak spot that is flexing too much !!!!!!!!......Hence the change in next model

Sure, there's plenty of aftermarket equipment to help mimic this attribute (and provide the better horsepower), but working with the 250X to match the 260X's out-of-the-box improved performance leaves you starting from a deficit. If you're undecided between rebuilding a 250X or buying the new 260X, go with the 260X. At least you'll have warranty...
    I still love my 250x,
    But come on Kawi just tell the truth, did they fix the intercooler mounting glass area from cracking,......I bet not........its common as well
    ( on the white glass area under steel cradle)
    That must be comming on the 2010 upgrades I guess

Waz

Thread Information