Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

My Comedy Central jetski vs swan video

Finally found 'my' video online ... this is 8 years ago when I ended up in the news due to a swan that kept attacking our jetskis. It hit the AP newsire, tons of news papers and eventually Comedy Central called me to film a spoof of it. The link is my 'five minutes of fame' due to this crazy swan ...

http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/in...itle=swan-lake

+1
    Congrats on your 4:51 minutes of fame. That was funny, did the swan ever meet his maker.

Be a Hero...Punch a Koala Kaotic's Avatar
    thats awesome....i always wondered what kind of things they tell you before filming. what were their instructions to you?

+1
    That was freakin great Vern

Now how about that adjective a noun followed by a preposition adverb and verb

+1
    Um yeah ... swans mate for life, so this 'couple' were both guilty by association and both were dead before comedy central came out. My brother is a cop out here and we both know a lot of DNR guys too, some are very close friends. I was fighting this rotten bird for 3 years ... one Memorial Day I met up with a couple other guys on PWC and they recognized me from local TV interviews and told me there was a swan with its neck broke, and his neck twisted thru a chain link fence at the boat ramp, put on display (I was NOT the only guy being attacked!). My dad and brother went and checked it out (I did not dare, one photo of me there and I would be 'guilty') and told me 'Yup, swan is deader than $hit, stuck into the fence with extreme prejudice'. I was somewhat happy ...

Next thing you know, the damn swan chased me again a few weeks later ... apparently they killed the wrong mate of the couple ... and the dirty bastard was still alive and madder than ever since his spouse was dead now. Well ... a few weeks later my brother overhead a call go out over police dispatch of 'multiple large caliber gunshots at Mercury St Bridge" (bridge over the entry to the bayou). Twenty minutes later a squad car pulled up to find a very dead swan ... entire chest blown to bits by a large caliber gun, then spread-eagle displayed on the new bike path on the bridge. Again, 'terminated with extreme prejudice' ...

And ... honest to God truth here, I not only had nothing to do with this (fines and penalties for this type of $hit), I checked with all the 'usual suspects' and came up empty. No kidding, I have no idea who to thank for this ... but since then, no problems at all. In fact, my 11 yr old daughter and I love to feed other swans and ducks, who we have never had any trouble with. Just that one crazy swan ... may he rot in ...

Instructions ... they filmed in two segments, one at the house, one at the bayou. At the house 'Think serious, no laughing, pretend you are on 20-20', at the cottage I had 3 200 lb guys on my ski ... phew, nearly dumped us all a couple times! They then took the 4+ hours of video and edited it down the 5 minutes of stuff designed to make me look stupid and generate laughs (which I fully knew in advance).

Bill ... you might not believe this, but grammar and sentence structure are second nature to me, and I actually did what they asked. They stopped, said 'Take 2 ... DON'T do what we asked, just look stupid' So, that was my best effort at looking stupid ...
    Last edited by Vern; 02-07-2009 at 04:57 PM. Reason: mistake

Hahaha!!!! That's awesome Vern!

Be a Hero...Punch a Koala Kaotic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    Um yeah ... swans mate for life, so this 'couple' were both guilty by association and both were dead before comedy central came out. My brother is a cop out here and we both know a lot of DNR guys too, some are very close friends. I was fighting this rotten bird for 3 years ... one Memorial Day I met up with a couple other guys on PWC and they recognized me from local TV interviews and told me there was a swan with its neck broke, and his neck twisted thru a chain link fence at the boat ramp, put on display (I was NOT the only guy being attacked!). My dad and brother went and checked it out (I did not dare, one photo of me there and I would be 'guilty') and told me 'Yup, swan is deader than $hit, stuck into the fence with extreme prejudice'. I was somewhat happy ...

Next thing you know, the damn swan chased me again a few weeks later ... apparently they killed the wrong mate of the couple ... and the dirty bastard was still alive and madder than ever since his spouse was dead now. Well ... a few weeks later my brother overhead a call go out over police dispatch of 'multiple large caliber gunshots at Mercury St Bridge" (bridge over the entry to the bayou). Twenty minutes later a squad car pulled up to find a very dead swan ... entire chest blown to bits by a large caliber gun, then spread-eagle displayed on the new bike path on the bridge. Again, 'terminated with extreme prejudice' ...

And ... honest to God truth here, I not only had nothing to do with this (fines and penalties for this type of $hit), I checked with all the 'usual suspects' and came up empty. No kidding, I have no idea who to thank for this ... but since then, no problems at all. In fact, my 11 yr old daughter and I love to feed other swans and ducks, who we have never had any trouble with. Just that one crazy swan ... may he rot in ...

Instructions ... they filmed in two segments, one at the house, one at the bayou. At the house 'Think serious, no laughing, pretend you are on 20-20', at the cottage I had 3 200 lb guys on my ski ... phew, nearly dumped us all a couple times! They then took the 4+ hours of video and edited it down the 5 minutes of stuff designed to make me look stupid and generate laughs (which I fully knew in advance).

Bill ... you might not believe this, but grammar and sentence structure are second nature to me, and I actually did what they asked. They stopped, said 'Take 2 ... DON'T do what we asked, just look stupid' So, that was my best effort at looking stupid ...
    lol thats awesome man...i bet it was alot of fun doing that.
    Intelligent people know that it's all in good humor.

+1
    Those dam things are crazy, I have had a similar encounter at the chain of lakes the stupid thing would only chase wave runners.

tooo funny, vern. thanks for sharing.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    Vern, I just loved the deer in the headlights look it was priceless I figured it was part of the bit.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information