Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

No reserve regrets!

Whoever this is learned a lesson I guess. He got bad feedback & rep. No reserve is a risk & you don't go screwing people over because you didn't get what you want. Pay it forward man! Take it like a man! I'm assuming it's a forum member here too.

check the feedback:

http://vi.ebaydesc.com/ebaymotors/ws...dll%3FViewItem

I lost my ass on my "No reserve" auction last week. But that's the chance you take. Hell, someone got my IC, 3blade, catch can, 2nd gen rotax complete sc, pipes, res bypass, 4" to 3" reducer & couplers for $456.00 + shipping!! I was shocked but then I thought, "I've had my turn at killer deals so wtf". I've had 3 emails regarding the auction after it was over offering more & one said he forgot about the auction ending, etc...

Ebay item 230321974105

I Should have separated it but it's over now.

+1
    E-bay give'th and E-bay take'th away.

You can forget once but this guy makes a habit of pulling items.

+1
    i actually bought a bracket only from the guy and had a very good transaction. But I wouldn't bid on his auctions..his feedback is horrible.

if you email him and do a one on one, agreed upon price, you'll do fine.

Yeah, less than 95% is bad in my opinion. And his grammar: "REMEMBER CHECK OUT ARE OTHER AUCTIONS." I think ARE should be OUR. I guess it could have said "HOUR OTHER AUCTIONS." ... Ron

+1
    I get suspicious if their feedback is below 98%. A good dealer will have good feedback.

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    His feedback is really not that bad when you take into consideration that in the last year he has had 8 negatives and 179 positives and 5 of the negatives came on one auction. Also all his negative feedback is on auctions that he basically pulled early or had multiple items but declined to offer the other items to the runner up's for the same price as the winning bid. EBay allows you to do this as long as they get there listing fee. EBay's rating system is what is screwed up.

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaGoat View Post
    I get suspicious if their feedback is below 98%. A good dealer will have good feedback.
    That's not always true. Would you consider Jerry one of the best out there as far as the online store goes? Why, yes. Well, ponder this, I can't count on both of my hands the number of times someone has come on this site fuming about order they placed in the store and something is wrong. It normally turns out to be a miscommunication or oversight on the buyers part and Jerry quickly sorts it out. These are the same people that would give you negative feedback on eBay and it only takes 3 out of a 100 for that to get you to 97%.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by NCHeel View Post
    That's not always true. Would you consider Jerry one of the best out there as far as the online store goes? Why, yes. Well, ponder this, I can't count on both of my hands the number of times someone has come on this site fuming about order they placed in the store and something is wrong. It normally turns out to be a miscommunication or oversight on the buyers part and Jerry quickly sorts it out. These are the same people that would give you negative feedback on eBay and it only takes 3 out of a 100 for that to get you to 97%.
    The point of the thread I was getting at was the "No Reserve" auction being canceled early for obvious reasons & then relisted. Like I said "Whoever this is learned a lesson I guess".....

I have a 100% feedback still & that's a percentage i'd like to keep even if you take it in the [email protected]$ at the end of a No reserve auction you did if fairly.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaGoat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Of_Fun View Post
    Yeah, less than 95% is bad in my opinion. And his grammar: "REMEMBER CHECK OUT ARE OTHER AUCTIONS." I think ARE should be OUR. I guess it could have said "HOUR OTHER AUCTIONS." ... Ron
    If the seller is like, 10,000+ @ 98% thats good to me. Even 95% at that rate is excellent, but below 500 @ 95% with negative feedback from multiple auctions is bad.

No reserve should mean no reserve. Ebay should not let this happen. For the most part I have had great luck with not reserve auctions, almost always starting everything at 99cents. I only felt I let things go too cheap 3 or 4 times out of 100. The other items more than made up for it. As a matter of fact, I sold a skateboard I had from High school in the early 80's that was pretty beat up and sitting in the attic for over $860 last year. Check your attics.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information