Initial mods for RXP-X?

I have an 04 RXP that has always been perfect. 250 hours, air intake, solas 15-20, RR charger impeller, runs 72.6. If I buy an RXP-X, what are the easy mods to do first, without voiding the warranty? Or should I just keep mine?
    I'm guessing intake grate, air intake, prop? What would I gain over stock?

If you are looking for top speed, you might want to keep the RXP since the RXP-X does have a tendency to "buck" people off at higher speeds... Ron

Banned User
    Don't buy an RXP-X..Your best bet would be to freshen yours up and mod or to buy a brand new 215 RXP and mod it.
    The RXP-X's have an over-stuff problem that isn't close to being fixed..I've seen the solution(it doe's exist) but it's not ready for production yet.

Quote Originally Posted by dave911rsr View Post
    I have an 04 RXP that has always been perfect. 250 hours, air intake, solas 15-20, RR charger impeller, runs 72.6. If I buy an RXP-X, what are the easy mods to do first, without voiding the warranty? Or should I just keep mine?
    I'm guessing intake grate, air intake, prop? What would I gain over stock?
    Do a 4" air intake, WORX grate, and talk to jawz about his prop. Should be a 75mph ski with amazing holeshot and hookup. Definitely whoop a 75mph RXP215. But if top speed is what you want then stick with the RXP215. Upper 70's and the bucking issue gets bad. Don't play with the trim and don't use a wedge.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex13 View Post
    Don't buy an RXP-X..Your best bet would be to freshen yours up and mod or to buy a brand new 215 RXP and mod it.
    The RXP-X's have an over-stuff problem that isn't close to being fixed..I've seen the solution(it doe's exist) but it's not ready for production yet.
    As you ssud you have seem the solutuon of overstuff.... Could you be so kibd to explain the solution? Tnx

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by danieletrono View Post
    As you ssud you have seem the solutuon of overstuff.... Could you be so kibd to explain the solution? Tnx
    I don't personally have it but a good friend developed it and it is on it's way to market. It won't be too long, sorry I can't say more.

+1
    More than likely it will be an insert for the tunnel/shoe. Buy a 2006 to 2009 RXP modify it and you will have an 80 MPH plus boat and be spending thousands of dollars less. I have been there--done that. (or keep yours and up grade it--then you will be many many thousands of dollars ahead)

Thread Information