Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

placement of lifters on RXP

I'm not a racer but I do like to ride as fast as possible especially when it's choppy. I bought a set of lifters to help me stay on. My question is about where to place them.
    I've noticed that people place them to the "outside" of the footwell. When I ride in choppy conditions I try to squeeze the seat with my legs and my feet are to the inside of the footwell. I plan on placing the lifters to the inside so that my big toe will fit underneath the lifter.
    Is there any reason to place them differently? Any specific type of glue I should use? Thanks, Jim

I dont ride an RXP, but I do ride with wedges. I have mine on the outside footwell. I don't know what the best, but works for me. Your riding style is the difference, I vary my position, standing, sitting, standing, sitting. Get my drift... Squeezzing the legs together takes away too much energy IMO, energy that may be needed during a race. I simpley Have my feet "Locked" into the outside footwell. I think it would be more difficult with them on the insde, as well as disturbing to your anlke.

+1
    I have lifters in 3 diffrent spots on my RXP. I have them on the outside of the footwell that run along about 1/2 of my footwell. This is for riding in a standing position. Next I have a 6 inch long lifter on the outside footwell in the front right where the footwell goes upwards. This lifter is set in at an angle. I use that lifter for sitting down and going on long straights. Then I have lifters directly across from the 6 inch ones in the front for when I am sitting down and doing tight turns. It helps me to lock in so I can hit the turn at a high speed without flying off.

Hey Dubz,
    What's an "anlke"? I remember back when I was a "yout" and I disturbed my anal key. Quite painful when it gets disturbed. Just giving you a hard time, Robert. See you in a couple weeks. BTW, I put lifters on my RXP on the inside of the footwells but don't like the real thick ones.
    T C

As I learned from Jeff with a graph illustration, put the lifter on the outside of the footwell. Inside if you ever come off towards the side your ankle can snap. Lets say you are hauling [email protected]$ and hit some chops and you get bucked off towards the right side. If you have your lifter towards the inside of the footwell the inside of your right foot can get caught and when the laws of gravity pulls you down, your lower leg will not bend over the outside of the hull and results in a major injury. To see this will make you change your mind and place them on the outside of the foot well.

+1
    Velcro on the bottom of the boots!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrsrxp View Post
    As I learned from Jeff with a graph illustration, put the lifter on the outside of the footwell. Inside if you ever come off towards the side your ankle can snap. Lets say you are hauling [email protected]$ and hit some chops and you get bucked off towards the right side. If you have your lifter towards the inside of the footwell the inside of your right foot can get caught and when the laws of gravity pulls you down, your lower leg will not bend over the outside of the hull and results in a major injury. To see this will make you change your mind and place them on the outside of the foot well.
    It's all or nothing...stay on or break a leg....with the inside wedge. I've seen it happen with the inside wedges. I can make a grown man cry proving my point....ask Wilmar

Quote Originally Posted by ou812 View Post
    Velcro on the bottom of the boots!
    got something a little better Jim than velcro...............
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gorilla-Glue.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	16.6 KB 
ID:	116361  

Since we're getting totally ridiculous, why not just use some stainless steel or monel staples and staple your boots (or feet) down to the bottom of th footwells? Better yet, some of the 1/4" diameter by 1" grip Stainless steel Large Flange rivets like SeaDoo uses to secure the rub rails to the hull and put some large SS fender washers as backup plates on the backside? HiJack? What HiJack? I guess we better watch out or Jammit will rear his ugly head in this thread. (Rhyme unintentional). Guess I must be bored.
    T C

Quote Originally Posted by jawz View Post
    It's all or nothing...stay on or break a leg....with the inside wedge. I've seen it happen with the inside wedges. I can make a grown man cry proving my point....ask Wilmar
    Just the thought of breaking a leg or ankle is enough to convince me not to put them on the inside. I'll put them to the outside and save myself some pain. Thanks for the info, Jim

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information