Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

milky white substance

Hello,

recently (the last two times I rode) I see a small white milky substance (assuming when oil and water mix) coming out of the drain plugs in the back. Is this normal? 25 hours on the ski and did have a oil change at 16 hours. i dont see any leaks on the cover and the oil level is fine. any thoughts?

Only seen fresh water

definately oil & water, but why? I had a leaking / damaged oil cap which caused a very slow leak. check for an oil leak under / along the cap. If not that then check around, oil cooler, lines etc..... Wish you luck

is it possible you may have spilled some oil when putting it in the engine? get a mirror and flash light and check bottom of hull. AND TO BE SAFE PULL THE DIPSTICK AND CHECK IT FOR WATER IN OIL

+1
    Check the floating bearing also..

yeah im at a loss. I dont see any leaks at the cap at all and I still have plenty of oil in the motor. there is a fliiping puddle underneath the motor however. I would say a good half quart if not more. (i can slosh my finger tips around in it) . I dont think they spilled that much since I probably would have seen in on the sides of the cap but is that possible? (I had the dealer change my oil). When you drain the oil how do you drain it? is the plug underneath? Im wondering if they drained it and got some on the bottom of the hull. I ran the ski twice for about 4 hours after I notice this and had no problems. In fact I posted my fasted speed. so Im at a loss. If I had a leak I would have noticed a drop in the oil which I didnt and if it was that bad im sure the oil pressure would have affected the performance somehow. another thing is how can i get that oil out of the bottom of the hull?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by toilets View Post
    yeah im at a loss. I dont see any leaks at the cap at all and I still have plenty of oil in the motor. there is a fliiping puddle underneath the motor however. I would say a good half quart if not more. (i can slosh my finger tips around in it).
    Same thing happened to me. Appeared out of nowhere basically. I pulled the motor out and couldn't find anything wrong so I cleaned everything up and put the motor back in. My ski has had no problems with burning oil so I assume it was from when I spilled a decent amount during a on-the-water fill. Don't forget that it doesn't take much oil to mix with the water to make it seem like it's a lot of oil, when in reality most of it is water. Clean it all up and make sure your hull is sealed from water then see if the puddle returns. The liquid mix might be 'stuck' under your fuel tank and moves rearward only when the ski is ridden or tipped upward on the trailer or on a hill when towing as well.

Bow chicka wow wow
    +1
    yeah im at a loss. I dont see any leaks at the cap at all and I still have plenty of oil in the motor. there is a fliiping puddle underneath the motor however. I would say a good half quart if not more. (i can slosh my finger tips around in it) . I dont think they spilled that much since I probably would have seen in on the sides of the cap but is that possible? (I had the dealer change my oil). When you drain the oil how do you drain it? is the plug underneath? Im wondering if they drained it and got some on the bottom of the hull. I ran the ski twice for about 4 hours after I notice this and had no problems. In fact I posted my fasted speed. so Im at a loss. If I had a leak I wld have noticed a drop in the oil which I didnt and if it was that bad im sure the oil pressure would have affected the performance somehow. another thing is how can i get that oil out of the bottom of the hull?
    Doesn' tsound like LakeNorman Power Sports work for sure, but I bet some spilled oil is the cause, no one is perfect

+1
    Milky white substance
    hhehe.

Sorry. Someone had to say something.

wash the hull with hot water and some strong detergent until you feel confident there is no oil left in the hull and see if it appears again. if it does, copied this from the manual

oily contamination on weep hole (speed sensor
    area) means a damaged oil seal on coolant
    pump shaft

Bow chicka wow wow
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by rx-pike View Post
    hhehe.

Sorry. Someone had to say something.
    he just really loves his ski. literally

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information