Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Simplest Jetworks Installation?

After doing quite a bit of research, I've often seen posted installations of the Jetworks mod (and diagrams) that show how to install the kit that requires either drilling of the hull, or in some instances just drilling of the pipe. Some versions simpler than others. However, I stumbled across a couple very brief posts mentioning that there is a version of the Jetworks mod that requires ZERO drilling. Yet my research to find more info. about this version has come up short, as no one seems to talk about this version on the forums.

Until I found the following link on Jetworks web site... http://www.jetworks.net/fc123im.htm

This is the first I've seen any explanation/instructions of this version. It looks like the ONLY part required for this mod is the Jetworks valve itself. From what I can tell, there's no drilling required, no gasket required, simply cut the water line going from the headpipe to the stinger, install the jetworks valve between those points, tune the valve, and that's it.

Is that really all there is to it? Lastly, being fairly new to jet skis, the article mentions that this is a useful mod for any boat with aftermarket pipes. Yet my boat is mostly stock (XLT 1200), and I know I've read posts where people installed the jetworks valve with the stock pipe. So this will work with a stock machine too, right?

Thanks.

+1
    you have to remove stinger and add their gasket which blocks off water,otherwise your adding more water than stock..the object is to have a dry pipe at idle for max holeshot....i did no drilling on my installation..call jet works they will talk your ears off explaining things..real helpfull.

+1
    If its this easy to set this thing up how are people going through the hassle with all the other methods?? Ever the Cosca method is quite a bit more entailed than this one and the Fercho version is ridiculious compared to this.... am I missing something??

+1
    Welcome enrg !!!

I dont recognize that boat in the Jetworks article. I wish it was that easy to install.

+1
    Welcome to the Forum NRGY

+1
    That boat in the illustration, is a SeaDoo of some sort. They are REPLACING the SeaDoo pressure control valve with a jetworks valve. The GPR comes with no such device, so water needs to be redirected through the JW valve, instead of just DUMPED into the waterbox. This is why you need to do it the right way, and add a block off gasket.

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow93
    If its this easy to set this thing up how are people going through the hassle with all the other methods?? Ever the Cosca method is quite a bit more entailed than this one and the Fercho version is ridiculious compared to this.... am I missing something??
    Fercho version is ridiculious compared to this
    But his works and it has been been proven by many

+1

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I emailed Jetworks and he said on the XLT, since it doesn't have duckbill drains, if I go the drilling method I would need to install an electronic bilge since that kit disables the bilge line. Whereas with the non drilling kit, I wouldn't need to bother with this and it also retains the overheat sensor function.

txgp1300r - you said you installed this kit. So is the install basically how it's shown in the link I posted, except for the missing instructions on installing the gasket?

Thanks again guys.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information