Reminder: Fire Safety

Been a bad week here in Iowa and has touched on a couple members from the site, and one that is a member in workings.

Just hoping that everyone checks little things like smoke detectors, escape plans, candle placement........all of it. Just still in disbelief, and if I can get even one member to check little things and plans, I'll sleep better.

In six days I've worked two fatal fire's in which occured within both district's I work and volunteer in. First one was a very difficult fire to fight in which weather and building structure's caused alot of problems, it unfortunately claimed the life of a young man. The second hit as far close to home as I have/hope to see.

One of my best friend's (Morg15t's brother-in-law) lost his grandmother in a accidental garage fire Sunday evening.

We have been working on getting Morg's brother-in-law to join here lately. We had little info on the site, but did a late summer job on a '99 slx 1050/1200 for him.

I know the type of relief a guy can get here in these forum's and just ask everyone to send a quick little prayer out for the families involved.

Just thought I'd put a little reminder out there that it is NEVER a bad time to check safety devices or plans and to always be as prepared as possible, one never knows when tradgedy may strike.

Cedar Rapids,Iowa
    Sorry to hear that.Pass along my prayers. My ex-stepson lost his grandmother and uncle to a house fire,about 6 years ago.she was about 75,and had a habit of smoking her last cigeratte in bed before going to sleep,it appears she fell asleep with one lit or missed her coffee can she used as an ashtray.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    Cleveland OH
    Sorry to hear about other people's misfortunes.

I'd also like to add if you smell natural gas, get the hell out!!!!

We've had 2 houses explode in the past couple weeks up here.

One turned completely to rubble taking a life, while the other hospitalized 1 man and left his home burned beyond repair.

Be careful people.

Thread Information