Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    "Tearing it up on the water" seadoobutch787's Avatar

Best injection point spec 2

I just started putting my spec 2 together on my 96xp where is the best spot for water injection there are 3 points. Right now the pipe i bought the injection point is in the front by the brace the other two are plugged. My boat is considered a limited mod.

Thanks
    MIke

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Opposite side facing the gas tank. There are normally only two points. There is a water injection point for a solenoid/rpm controlled "water injection", and this isn't adjustable. The other two points in the midpipe are constant water.

+1
    ECWI should go at the top of the midpipe facing the side of the hull & use a #105-115 jet. Constant water should go where RQ said. Use a #90 or 100 jet in there for cold season & a 110 for hot season.

+1
    do you have to use a water injectiuon setup or can you run constant water through a spec 2?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Stang View Post
    do you have to use a water injectiuon setup or can you run constant water through a spec 2?
    You won't like the bottom/mid range if you go without.!

Yeah i finally broke down and bought the spec 2. I bought it from Wayne Ordon the pipe is in great condition i just need to clean it up and paint it a new coat of black. That spec 2 is a fat MOFO compaired to my Rossier damn!! good thing my motors out and the gas and oil tank lol.

Just a thought i heard from somebody else that they run a jetworks valve that supplies the waterbox and the 1/4 waterline injection point that is facing the gas tank, is that a good choice or should i just stick with the jetworks valve going to my waterbox that is hard jetted instead?

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    You should never restrict water to the midpipe, as this water cools the midpipe coupler, even at idle, and, this small amount of water also contributes to the low-end torque needed to get the engine up to 5500 rpm.

If it were mine I'd use water injection for sure.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 96XPSS View Post
    You should never restrict water to the midpipe, as this water cools the midpipe coupler, even at idle, and, this small amount of water also contributes to the low-end torque needed to get the engine up to 5500 rpm.

If it were mine I'd use water injection for sure.
    Are you saying "Not to use a jetworks" or "not to jet (restrict)" the mid pipe?

ECWI for sure or that 5500 hump will be a big one.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by seadoobutch787 View Post
    Yeah i finally broke down and bought the spec 2. I bought it from Wayne Ordon the pipe is in great condition i just need to clean it up and paint it a new coat of black. That spec 2 is a fat MOFO compaired to my Rossier damn!! good thing my motors out and the gas and oil tank lol.

Just a thought i heard from somebody else that they run a jetworks valve that supplies the waterbox and the 1/4 waterline injection point that is facing the gas tank, is that a good choice or should i just stick with the jetworks valve going to my waterbox that is hard jetted instead?
    Wayniac...

Yup, the pipe's a fattie! But if you've never ran one before you're in for a good surprise. Well, that is, if it's dialed in right. They can be tempermental but when you find the right setup for your motor it will treat you right.

Stick with the WB valve & jet the box with a #150. Set it to open at 3000-3500 rpm.

Robert,

On my novi 42's where would be a good starting point for the low and high speed adjuster screws?

Yeah the Wayniac is also hooking me up with my novi 42's this cat has every part you can think of in his garage and i mean everything!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information