Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Im Losing It.

Im Losing It.

Ok so last December, I traded my kubota tractor, a value of $15,000 to a guy in NY, he traded me a 2000 Maxum 2400 SCR,
    The guy said it worked perfectly and at the time it was 30 degrees when i picked up the boat. So I droped my trailer with the tractor on it and i even helped him start it cause the battery went dead cause I left the key on.
    Well it worked fine.

Then he started showing me the boat, he said it was a nice boat and they went out on it all the time, well he said "I don't want to start it out of the water" but I didn't think anything of it. So i hooked to it and got all the paper work and left.

I always said, if it works good then I'll trade.

Well today is the first time I tryed to start the damn thing, Cause we where planing on taking it out here shortly, and put it in the water, Well I put the little ear muff looking thing on the out drive part with the water hose, and i go inside and start it up, It ran nice but i saw ALOT of water pouring in the engine bay, so i killed the engine, I tryed to feel where the water was coming from, then i felt something really bad, the block is cracked so bad.

The water poured right out both sides of the engine, As you can see in the pictures water must have froze in the block breaking it.

Now this had to happen in his possession cause this is the first time i even tryed to start it, and i never even put water in it b4.

I want him to pay for this crap. Or I want my tractor back. What can I do Legally? Can I sew him? cause he said the boat was in working condition.
    and its far from.

Here are some pictures.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0267.JPG 
Views:	59 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	116540   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0264.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	116541   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0270.JPG 
Views:	44 
ID:	116542   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0271.JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	116543   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0274.JPG 
Views:	75 
ID:	116544  

+1
    Its kinda his word againts your. You can call him and try and work things out. You could take him to court but then that cost money so you might want to just find a motor for it. You could prob get away with a block but this look like a salt water boat so everbolt will be seized. what motor does it have, im guessing 5.7l with Bravo3 outdrive. and whats the overall condition of the rest of the boat?

Wow, sorry to hear about your deal. Have you tried to contact the seller? Did you write up a bill of sale, if so what does it say does it say as is or selling this in working condition?

+1
    i just noticed it look like a new starter plugs and wires had been put on it? If there new then who ever put it on would of seen that hole.

Be a Hero...Punch a Koala Kaotic's Avatar
    lawyer up

I thought it to be a nice boat, its in good condition, i took some more pics of the engine bay, Man I really wanted to go out with this boat and my Seadoo.

Well I sent him a email, saying, hey, hows the tractor working for ya? Did you get new front tires yet?

Well I can find a block and some bearing with some rings, ill use all the old stuff. just a diff block.
    I took a chunk off the side and looked in and cant see the crank so i know the connecting rod didn't break.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0279.JPG 
Views:	39 
ID:	116552   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0282.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	116553   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0284.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	116554   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0285.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	116555  

+1
    Once you pay a lawyer and travel expences im my opinion its not worth it. But worth a try try talking to the seller. You could find a good used block for a couple hundred dollars. A rebuilt 5.0L is about $2000

http://www.michiganmotorz.com/Marine...281996-2007%29

State of Confusion BartenderSmalley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xBigDaddyx117 View Post
    I thought it to be a nice boat, its in good condition, i took some more pics of the engine bay, Man I really wanted to go out with this boat and my Seadoo.

Well I sent him a email, saying, hey, hows the tractor working for ya? Did you get new front tires yet?

Well I can find a block and some bearing with some rings, ill use all the old stuff. just a diff block.
    I took a chunk off the side and looked in and cant see the crank so i know the connecting rod didn't break.
    I hate that for you, truly. Had a similar situation - guy sold me a Seadoo jet boat with a Boattrader ad saying "1997" and signing a bill of sale that said 1997. He was also supposed to have had the boat OUT of the St. Lucie river and cleaned up but said he didn't have time. Long story short, I got it home and THEN found out it was a 1996 (difference of about $3000 in value) AND the hull underneath was bubbling from under the outer shell.

Contacted the lawyer...LUCKILY the bill of sale issue happened and he misreported the year because there was NOTHING I could do about the other part. It's the buyers responsibility to clarify all of that and inspect with either a visual or marine survey.

I know that sucks, but you are SOL unless the seller WANTS to be cool about it. I actually bought a truck BACK from someone once because they found damage on the carbuerator that I didn't know was there (cracked housing). Just depends on whether he follows the Golden Rule of Life.....

HOPE it works out for you. Truly.,

+1
    dude that sucks. was there any antifreeze leaking out of the cracked spots, or coming out when you ran it on the flush hose??
    I/O boats absolutely have to be winterized properly or they will freeze and crack.
    did he say it was winterized?
    no way it froze at your house, and it shouldnt have ever frozen if it was winterized.
    so that means it wasnt winterized and he was lying when he said he didnt want to start it out of the water? any real boater knows you can start a boat out of the water with the earmuffs.
    BUT, you dont want to start it over the winter cuz its WINTERIZED.
    he was lying and knew about the problem

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderSammy View Post
    I hate that for you, truly. Had a similar situation - guy sold me a Seadoo jet boat with a Boattrader ad saying "1997" and signing a bill of sale that said 1997. He was also supposed to have had the boat OUT of the St. Lucie river and cleaned up but said he didn't have time. Long story short, I got it home and THEN found out it was a 1996 (difference of about $3000 in value) AND the hull underneath was bubbling from under the outer shell.

Contacted the lawyer...LUCKILY the bill of sale issue happened and he misreported the year because there was NOTHING I could do about the other part. It's the buyers responsibility to clarify all of that and inspect with either a visual or marine survey.

I know that sucks, but you are SOL unless the seller WANTS to be cool about it. I actually bought a truck BACK from someone once because they found damage on the carbuerator that I didn't know was there (cracked housing). Just depends on whether he follows the Golden Rule of Life.....

HOPE it works out for you. Truly.,
    I agree with Sammy, Unless its written down that he guantees it to work its sold "AS IS" Best bet is to talk with the guy! Big Daddy what state are you in Florida? Does it even get to 32 degrees there to freeze the block?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information