Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Watch Out for Jiffy Lube

+1
    Its stuff like that why I still do my own preventative maintenance.....oil, filters, brakes ect........except for tranny fluid changes...but I will stand in the bay and watch them like a HAWK.

Tire balance & rotations too. I've seen them try to get away balancing a wheel and not (zero) the balance properly and still leave 0.5 ounce of weight needed to zero it, but try to take the wheel off because they are in a hurry.

Like it or not, I'm gonna bird-dog if I am standing by.

It's hard to trust mechanics these days when stories like this show how there are still people who will try to take advantage of an innocent person.

I know they are not all like that, but its the bad apples of the bunch that sour the kettle.

....o.k...I'm off my soap-box now.........

I dont trust anybody working on anything of mine, bike, ski, and truck..try to do all i can with them. if i cant, im right there watching them. to many dishonest people out there not to.

+1
    Businesses like that give all shops a bad name and have people spring-loaded into the feeling that they are automatically going to get screwed.

Rule of thumb...stay away from franchise stores. Most of your big "chain" shops have managers who are being pushed for monthly quotas. If the car count is down, they will sell a lot of unnecessary stuff to make the $$$ so they can get their bonuses.

Of course there are some exceptions. I tell all my customers to find a place they trust and stay with them. If a customer says I am trying to screw them I tell them in a nice way to take their business elsewhere. I have PLENTY of loyal customers to fill my days and bays.

All this bouncing from shop to shop and shopping around for the best "deal" will ultimately cost you in the long run.

OK...I feel better now...

sorry for MY rant

Quote Originally Posted by WFO
    Businesses like that give all shops a bad name and have people spring-loaded into the feeling that they are automatically going to get screwed.

Rule of thumb...stay away from franchise stores. Most of your big "chain" shops have managers who are being pushed for monthly quotas. If the car count is down, they will sell a lot of unnecessary stuff to make the $$$ so they can get their bonuses.

Of course there are some exceptions. I tell all my customers to find a place they trust and stay with them. If a customer says I am trying to screw them I tell them in a nice way to take their business elsewhere. I have PLENTY of loyal customers to fill my days and bays.

All this bouncing from shop to shop and shopping around for the best "deal" will ultimately cost you in the long run.

OK...I feel better now...

sorry for MY rant
    I know there are a lot of good mechanics out there. One of my close buddies owns his own shop like yourself and is completely honest. Dishonesty happens in every profession. It all boils down to consumer beware and make sure you know what you are buying.

I recently had Direct TV installed. When the installers came they drilled a hole in the middle of the side of my house where the entire neighborhood can see. Not only that but in another spot they drilled from the inside out to get a cable into the bedroom... well they drilled out not only through a wall but also through a down spout. When I called to complain they told me that a typical install was done. A Very long story short, lets just say they refunded what it cost me for them to do the install and they paid for all damages. They offered to reinstall it but I rather do it myself to make sure it is done the right way from the attic down.

Document EVERYTHING

+1

shop

I work for a subaru dealership here in va beach virginia and i hear alot of complaints like this one.We as a dealer charge more then your side shops but you can be certain what you ask for will be done.We will not try to charge you for something then not install it..............phuck that.

+1
    hey jiffy lube left my filter loose on my old 240sx the motor lost oil pressure while I was driving home and BOOM! atleast they gave me $1800 to help pay for a new motor!

+1

There needs to be more trustworthy, dependable and honest shops like yours Rich !!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RX951

Ill vouch for that very good in the communications dept

There needs to be more trustworthy, dependable and honest shops like yours Rich !!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information