Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 96 GTX

96 GTX

Ok well Im new to modern sit down skis... When I hook up the battery the guages work but the engine wont crank. Is there any fuses that could be blown causing no power to the start switch? Also have a 02 Waverunner 1200 that does the same. Thanks

+1
    if your battery doesn't have a full charge, the engine wont turn over.

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Do you get the double beep when plugging on the lanyard?

I didnt get any beeps on the seadoo but 2 beeps on the waverunner. The battery is fully charged and worked in my other 3 skis.

+1
    pull the ground wire hard a few times , see if it breaks off on the end by the starter or on th end on the battery, wire could be BADLY corroded, and not grounding anything.
    you could also run a temporary wire from the neg post of the battery to some bare metal on the block, if it beeps strong and cranks over, replace the ground wire.

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    One single long beep means the lanyard is not programmed to the ski. You have to get a double beep to allow the engine to try to crank when pushing the start-stop button.

Your beeper could be bad too. Pull the seat off and tell me if you hear the solenoid clicking inside the black box when you depress the start-stop button.

Ok well I will try the ground wire method tomorrow but I know a lot about CAR engines and am 100% positive there is no noise from anything when I depress the start button. More than likely there is corroded batt terminals. I recently purchased 3 seadoos 1 waverunner, 1 Kawasaki 750ssixi and one Polaris 750SL. Now I got good deals on these skis from people who don't know how to work on them. All the skis run but I cant figure out why I now can't start the Waverunner and the GTX.

Fuses are in electrical box. extras are in small rubber case. If they blow as
    you plug THEM in, that indicates bad mpem. You can test it with digital meter.
    For the '96 ohm values, go to http://www.seadoosource.com/mpemtest.html

+1
    Bad ground, bad starter, bad solenoid, bad battery or blown fuse. Its a rare thing for the dess post to go bad or the key, but never rule that out either. So you need to test those things out. Thats the only thing it can be besides a hydrolocked motor.
    SHOOTER

Thanks for all the help! I now have a good idea of where to start. I would like to work on them today but it is 30 degrees and I don't want to freeze.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information