Page 777 of 778 FirstFirst ... 277 727 767 775 776 777 778 LastLast
Results 7,761 to 7,770 of 7776
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by riverrunner View Post
    Thanks for all the helpful advice. Going "gun shopping" this weekend. The gun shop we're going to will allow her to try out a couple of different caliber rifles before she purchases so she can feel the recoil. Going to hire a lawyer to fill out application and represent her at hearing (can you believe all the BS NY requires one to go through?).
    You are doing the right thing helping her arm herself. Even a small caliber revolver 22 or maybe a 38 is far better than none at all, and can be very effective.

For a rifle, even something like the cheap High-Point Carbine can be used to scare the crap out of invaders, it's easy to use and it has very low recoil; unfortunately this gun looks way too scary for the politicians like Cuomo and thanks to "Safe Act" I'm pretty sure you can't even buy one of these or any other semi-auto rifle in New York—which sucks if you have multiple home invaders. Here's a mom who put one to good use in Detroit, keep in mind this brand is considered cheap junk by many, but just the fact that she had "something" may have saved her life...

https://www.ammoland.com/2014/02/hi-...#axzz4sW1t0iDT

2. +1 by:

+1
    Looking for feedback from owners of Remington 11-87's

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Dependable ... Been around for ever... Accurate as the shooter

+1
    Received my Red Lion Handgaurd and rail today for my Kel Tec Sub2K Gen 2... Installed , liking the looks ... The Barrel is indexed and rotates so it will still fold up and be dead on again upon rotating it back... Now to find a good red dot that sits up a little higher than standard height ... And suggests as I have never fooled with red dots
    Last edited by Aquaholic6801; 09-14-2017 at 12:35 PM.

+1
    Need some advice. Friend of mine needs a gun for home protection. She is in her 60's, a bit frail, and I doubt that she could handle the recoil of a shotgun. She is applying for a hand gun permit but since she lives in NY, it's going to take a while so she's going to get a rifle in the mean time. At any rate, the sales man at at the gun store recommended a Ruger 10/22 using hollow point bullets. Read some pro's and con's on them. She's a cheapskate so she likes the cost of ammo; it's also going to allow her to shoot away at gun range. What do you guys think of this gun for home defense? Any other suggestions?
    What county does your lady friend live in? If its one of the five counties of NYC, it will be nearly impossible for her to get a pistol permit. If I'm not mistaken, the initial cost will be $450+, at least a 6 month wait, and she must apply in person at NYPD HQ in Manhattan!
    And, rifles must be registered with NYPD well! Same for crossbows......
    http://newyorkcityguns.com/getting-a...andgun-permit/

+1
    Hearing Protection Act Moves Up, Hope for Saigas, Veprs, and 7N6, and No More Armor Piercing Bans? – H.R. 3668 SHARE Act

The effort to deregulate of silencers has reached an important milestone: The Hearing Protection Act has made it out of committee, and been incorporated as part of another larger bill. House Resolution 3668 – the Sportsmen Heritage and Recreational Enhancement (SHARE) Act – has been introduced to the House floor with a new subsection, Title XV, Hearing Protection. The new subsection provides for the change in classification of silencers from NFA items to standard firearms such as long guns, just like the HPA. Its text is reproduced at the bottom of this post.

Also included in the SHARE Act is another subsection, Title XVI, which, among other things, would allow the importation of any firearm or ammunition legal for sale in the US, and prevent the classification of common rifle ammunition as “armor piercing” pistol ammunition by the ATF. This subsection also includes provisions to ease importation of weapons for the purposes of experimentation, personal weapons being re-imported from other countries, and curios.

It also includes a provision to protect shotguns from being classified as destructive devices, even if they are not considered “sporting” weapons. Finally, the subsection includes a provision to further protect the temporary transfer of lawful firearms across state lines, by removing the “sporting purposes” proviso from Title 18, 922(a)(5)(B), (a)(9), and (b)(3)(B).

Here is the full text of Titles XV and XVI of the SHARE Act:

More!

8. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by 1tommygunner1927 View Post
    What county does your lady friend live in? If its one of the five counties of NYC, it will be nearly impossible for her to get a pistol permit. If I'm not mistaken, the initial cost will be $450+, at least a 6 month wait, and she must apply in person at NYPD HQ in Manhattan!
    And, rifles must be registered with NYPD well! Same for crossbows......
    http://newyorkcityguns.com/getting-a...andgun-permit/
    Putnum county up state so not as insane as NYC

+1
    Putnum county up state so not as insane as NYC
    Here's a good read:

https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...-self-defense/

.22 mag rifles:
    https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/cate...s/22-magnum.do

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquaholic6801 View Post
    I have the same AR in Stainless Steel ... I ended up with a Nikon P-308 believe it's a 4x12x40 maybe a 4x16 ... Had a set of Nikon P-223 one piece rings laying around ... Seems to be working out pretty well.. able to ring 8" steel pretty consistently at 400 yards shooting factory Winchester and Corlokt soft point ammo
    what trigger does this have?

+1
    What ever PSA put in there... Not even sure what the pull is... I wouldn't mind if it was a couple pounds less though..

Page 777 of 778 FirstFirst ... 277 727 767 775 776 777 778 LastLast

Thread Information