Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    just GOT TO DO IT! great lakes gpr 1200's Avatar

Exclamation Advent stands tall

Well just as we all expected out of Advent. Greg was busy but did call me prompty, I missed the first call.
    He and I talked for a while and said he has had some issues with skis comming out of storage from the north country.
    He asked alot of questions and I helped as much as I could.
    He said he will take care of this issue and gave me some info that was interesting, very interesting.

I am making sure That I posted this to make it clear that ADVENT STANDS BEHIND The equitment they sell. I think it is well know to us all that WE DEMAND THAT. It is tough to be at our best with out the support of the people that build our parts.
    I am proud to be a part of this community.

Ok nobody get misty eyed

Thanks again to advent, Greg and all the makers of our parts (YOU TOO JERRY!)

+1

Yep, Greg is a stand up guy to deal with.

+1

Thumbs down advent

I have a advent that went bad thats 18 months old I sent It back to Greg He tested it and said it was no longer good and would NOT replace it. He sugested I spend another $500.00+ for another one and I decided not to spend another $ with him . Greg at advent is NOt a stand up guy in my opinion. I would not recomend them to any one in the future, I am very unhappy with there services!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
    I have a advent that went bad thats 18 months old I sent It back to Greg He tested it and said it was no longer good and would NOT replace it. He sugested I spend another $500.00+ for another one and I decided not to spend another $ with him . Greg at advent is NOt a stand up guy in my opinion. I would not recomend them to any one in the future, I am very unhappy with there services!
    Hmmm...let me call him monday Tommy, we'll see if he might change his mind.

Wow, this has not been my experience. He replaced 2 of them for me making sure I got a good one when he was having problems with some chips.

just GOT TO DO IT! great lakes gpr 1200's Avatar
    Well Tommy, I must admit this would piss me off
    I have known you a long time and I am sure that what you say is the truth, all He said was" IT IS NO LONGER GOOD"? that's not a good answer at all. I hope this does get resolved.

This was exactly what I was afriad of. I think the warrenty is only 12months. My advent was 9 months old. so I asked him about the warrenty, he told me if my unit fails don't worry about it. as long as I don't abuse it or tinker with it. at 18 months old. he damn sure sould have replaced it.

All ignition parts fail. I got a box of tested triggers that are GOOD. CAUGH CAUGH WTF BS MF ERS ARE NOT.......

+1
    the real problem is once out of warranty he has no ability to fix, so if it does fail you can't even pay to get it fixed so it becomes a throw away part

Rive / R&D are the same - I have one of their units sitting in my broken parts pile in the basement

+1

Thumbs down advent

Just to make sure everyone knows all the facts this is a second advent I have had fail the first one went bad in less than a year old and was replaced by Advent at N/C but then the second one went bad about 18 months old and would not be replaced. my ski had a total of 50 hours on it and two advents on it. 50 hours and two adevents is not good since they cost $500+ when a oem last for ever on most ski's . I have seen other post and talked to other gpr owners who haqve been through sevral advents also. I talked to Duke he even takes a spare one and tools to change it on long rides just incase it fails. Not a very reliable product or company to me!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information