[email protected]

i just purchased a 08rxp and 08rxt and was wondering if it is recommended that the washers in the supercharger need replaced.

Banned User
    Some will say yes some will say no. Here is the way i look at it, it has metal washers from the factory now and it is also under warrenty for a year so if u ride it hard this year and it breaks its covered, if it doesnt then when u rebuild them use the riva ones.

+1
    Welcome to the forum!!!!!

Its not a must like it was with ceramics but there have been some stock 08 skis that have lost there washers.

With that being said if you can swing it I would change your washers.

I ran my T-X to 40 hours and needed to be shimmed at that point as lost some slip and rpms. Since then I decided to change out my stock washers at 48 hours to the Rivas.

It a good piece of mind if you can afford it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    Welcome to the forum!!!!!

Its not a must like it was with ceramics but there have been some stock 08 skis that have lost there washers.

With that being said if you can swing it I would change your washers.

I ran my T-X to 40 hours and needed to be shimmed at that point as lost some slip and rpms. Since then I decided to change out my stock washers at 48 hours to the Rivas.

It a good piece of mind if you can afford it.
    Hey skoepp im at 40 hours in my p-x now and im turning 73-7400 rpms and noticing a little less go in her. Good chance im having the same problem u did?? i havent got around to checking my slip moment as yet, but meaning to get to it soon.
    Cheers

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post
    Hey skoepp im at 40 hours in my p-x now and im turning 73-7400 rpms and noticing a little less go in her. Good chance im having the same problem u did?? i havent got around to checking my slip moment as yet, but meaning to get to it soon.
    Cheers
    You should check them now. That's a big rpm loss. I wouldn't wait any longer.

+1
    A couple weeks ago my buddy's RXPX with 44 hours was varying a little on top end. Checked SCer, 4 ft/lbs slip. The 08 RXP and RXT maybe okay with the smaller SCer to 100 hour SCer rebuild.

+1
    Anyone else had this at such low hours?? Will warranty cover this?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post
    Anyone else had this at such low hours?? Will warranty cover this?
    Yes, warranty will cover it but sometimes its a nightmare to get a new motor. A friend of mine got his RXPX motor "rebuilt" after his washers failed at 60 something hours and it lasted maybe 2 hours before it snapped the timing chain.

If it were me I would thro those junk OEM washers in the trash and get real ones just for the peace of mind..

Thread Information