Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    ENGLAND
    Posts
    605

    bringing down revs

    ive added the RIVA ECU AND VALVES ECT,[email protected] TRIED 15/20 IT WAS ON THE LIMIT 8600s. VERY QUICKLY,SO I TRIED 15/22r, that was better but when i tried it on flet water again i was on the limit with throttle to spare,im running an 81 ring...thanks


  2. #2
    SeaGoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Jacksonville, N.C.
    Posts
    2,214
    +1
    2
    It's time to bend that 15/22. I would go 15/24 at least and go to an 83 ring.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    ENGLAND
    Posts
    605
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaGoat View Post
    It's time to bend that 15/22. I would go 15/24 at least and go to an 83 ring.
    does a bigger ring lower the revs,or smaller thanks...

  4. #4
    Moderator Snoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    South Chicagoland
    Posts
    14,688
    +1
    846
    Quote Originally Posted by MARK_LEGG View Post
    does a bigger ring lower the revs,or smaller thanks...

    I agree,You need to do some tweeking to the prop...

    Bigger rings raise your RPMs, Smaller rings Lower your RPMs

  5. #5
    SeaGoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Jacksonville, N.C.
    Posts
    2,214
    +1
    2
    The bigger the ring the higher the rev's. If you have throttle to spare and you're already running the 81 then you need to pitch up on the prop quite a bit. I think I read on here that each ring size changes rpm's about 60rpm. I could be wrong. You want a little breathing room (on rpm) for weather changes so that's why I suggested going to an 83 and pitching for 8500. Isn't 8600 the rev limit on that ecu?

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    ENGLAND
    Posts
    605
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaGoat View Post
    The bigger the ring the higher the rev's. If you have throttle to spare and you're already running the 81 then you need to pitch up on the prop quite a bit. I think I read on here that each ring size changes rpm's about 60rpm. I could be wrong. You want a little breathing room (on rpm) for weather changes so that's why I suggested going to an 83 and pitching for 8500. Isn't 8600 the rev limit on that ecu?
    think its 8650,cold at the moment so 8500 is what i would like...bloody boats on steroids...

  7. #7
    SeaGoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Jacksonville, N.C.
    Posts
    2,214
    +1
    2
    Sounds like it wants to go. Needing more pitch is a good thing.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    ENGLAND
    Posts
    605
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaGoat View Post
    Sounds like it wants to go. Needing more pitch is a good thing.
    ye i hear you,it makes the dangly pair tingle its amazing......must be the RUDE......STILL IM GONA BEND THAT MOTHER AND GO AGAIN.....DAMN THAT JERRY DUDE ..HE SO FAST ...THEY SAY SEE HIM GO...... THEY SAY,,,,,,,,SEE WHO GO.... ....

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Bring Down RPM keep speed, L13 or what?
    By Yanksfan in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-03-2016, 11:12 AM
  2. polaris 780 idles but wont rev up likes its bogging down
    By eam9842 in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-21-2011, 09:23 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-24-2010, 05:38 PM
  4. 1998 gsx limited bogging down at 6000 revs
    By bamalam100 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-26-2010, 12:52 PM
  5. More GTX rfi questions... will not rev past 6000 and shuts down
    By zrtman in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-19-2009, 04:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •