Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Moving to the Darkside...who else has done it?

Well, I thought I was done with skis for a while, until a guy I know called me up and offered me a deal I don't think I can refuse. A mint 2000 GP1200R with under 50hrs, with triple Speedwerx pipes, ported motor, and lots of misc parts. Ski should be good for high 70s (in race gas trim)...the price...well, lets say its less than I sold my triple piper Virage for. A riding buddy of mine has an 02 single piper that does low 70s, and it is a beast. He would just squeeze by my Virage last summer. So long story short, who here (Polaris guys) has a GPR, and how do you like it in comparison? I had a little bit of seat time on my buds 02, and once I got used to the wide ass seat, i liked it. Not nearly as agile as my Virage, but it was more stable in the rough. Any opinions? I'm close to pulling the trigger...I never thought I'd own a Yamaha anything Hope Al can forgive me for posting this in the Polaris section.

+1
    BOO !!!!!!!!!
    You'll have to change your name now and also go on the sled sights and confess of what your doing LOL
    Beerdart has his and loves them i'm sure he will chime in
    Sometimes deals are just to good to pass up hell you can buy it and resell and make some money later .

+1
    I have a 02 GPR unported single pipe running a solid 74. A triple pipe ported should be upper 80s with ease.. There are many 1300EFI's running low to mid 80's. All on pump gas.. I also have a 2000 that should be in the mid 80's when I hit the water soon but it has a 4-tec seadoo motor.. The GPR hull is the most tuneable on the market you can set it up for all out speed or for rough water or a compination of the two.. Welcome to the dark side..

I too have a 03 GP1300. Killer fast boat although its pretty heavily modded. I bought it that way. My only complaint is that it likes to porpoise/chine walk at lower speeds-some call it the "GPR dance". But its set up to run the number. I did shim my trim tabs down to plant the bow more and it now handles much better-but slowed it down a little. Ran great all last summer- and this boat was out EVERY w/e;but after about 50 hrs the indexing pin on the top compression ring in the PTO cyl came out and allowed the ring to rotate-with disastrous consequences. $650 later and I got all my parts. I heard this is a problem w/Yami two strokes; stock or aftermarket pistons. Maybe happens on other makes too? But I love the boat- you should jump on it.

+1
    I too have done it. I own a 2005 GPR 1300. Instead of typing all kinds of stuff, I'll put it this way.

You'll spend way less money to make the GPR way faster and handle way better. Even set up for handling, it will pull the Polaris mod for mod. I love the Polaris and always will, but bang for the buck, you'll never beat the GPR with a Polaris.

That huge-stroke Yamaha motor keeps on pulling.

That being said, I love them both.

100 MILES OF HEAVEN AND I AM SMACK IN THE MIDDLE KEYZBUM's Avatar
    +1
    Pull the trigger
    I am married to my PRO785 (till death do us part)
    But i love stepping out with the gpr
    do it and post some pics
    mattman

Thanks for the input guys. I will definitely let you know what I decide. Still can't believe I'm considering a Yami!!

+1
    While I was reading the first post, I heard a noise that sounded like heavy breathing with a moan. I couldn't make out the words so I followed the sound. It led me towards my garage. I opened the door to find this making the sound. Then I heard the words clearly. It was saying..."Come back to me Brad Skywalker"!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 174.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	1.87 MB 
ID:	117049  

I'm feeling naturally aspirated today pirate33's Avatar
    +1
    GOD DAMN look at that Virage F'n SWEET 2000!!! , you can do what ever you want to a GPR but it will never outlast or beat a sock TX in the chop and for distance Hahahahhhha suck air yami through your lines while I have miles and miles more to go

pirate will never sell out!!

I'm feeling naturally aspirated today pirate33's Avatar
    +1
    Looking at that "Only a Polaris should be in the Garage" picture of that beautiful TX of 32DegH20's I must make a drink go and visit my valentines, #70 Virage TX and Casper the Matrix (#69 Virage TX is up at Al's)
    YOU GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF SELL OUTS

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information