Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: revamped Gibson

BLACK MAGIC HEADERS hydrojunkie's Avatar
    +1

revamped Gibson

As you know there was some problems with the Gibson's cracking. I truly feel that it wasn't cause by heat flash but fitment of the end cap. AHA is a forum member here and sent me his Gibson to fix. here is what i feel is needed to be done.
    below you will see the new end cap recessed into the can. the new cap is lazercut 1/8 stainless. the way they were welding them up was seem to seem. that wont hold up on high horsepower engines.
    Aha is going to do a 300 mile run with it in it. if it passes the test i will resell them. i feel real confident in my welds as compared to Gibson's seem to seem.
    Should anyone have a problem please email me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S6300194.JPG 
Views:	193 
Size:	876.1 KB 
ID:	116935   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S6300195.JPG 
Views:	132 
Size:	872.2 KB 
ID:	116936   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S6300196.JPG 
Views:	128 
Size:	866.4 KB 
ID:	116937  

Quote Originally Posted by hydrojunkie View Post
    Good info Jason and thanks for taking care of us!! My is still holding fine.

+1
    that is what we did with the conversion boxes.. it solved the problem. Did you do BOTH ends?

+1
    I'm patiently waiting for mine.

As you know there was some problems with the Gibson's cracking. I truly feel that it wasn't cause by heat flash but fitment of the end cap. AHA is a forum member here and sent me his Gibson to fix. here is what i feel is needed to be done.
    below you will see the new end cap recessed into the can. the new cap is lazercut 1/8 stainless. the way they were welding them up was seem to seem. that wont hold up on high horsepower engines.
    Aha is going to do a 300 mile run with it in it. if it passes the test i will resell them. i feel real confident in my welds as compared to Gibson's seem to seem.
    first picture, The welding was poor, As a welder myself, If you look at the first picture, That welding "Beads" should be consistent in a nice circular welds. Penetration should be JOB #1 I am not here to bash you or your product. The pictures speaks for themselves. Aha is a member of Green Hulk. Aha is a member of So Cal Watercraft Club. The Mark Hahn 300 Endurance Race will be his first Race. I consider Aha a friend. I'll be damm, if I let his first race be a failure because those poor welds can't hold on for 300 miles of WOT....Again, I am not here to bashed you or your product...but so far all I have seen is 2 steps forward and 10 steps back......on country music and dance, that will click....but NOT in the Longest Endurance Race In The World ...Mark Hahn 300

As you know there was some problems with the Gibson's cracking. I truly feel that it wasn't cause by heat flash "but fitment of the end cap."
    below you will see the new end cap recessed into the can. the way they were welding them up was (seem to seem). that wont hold up on high horsepower engines Ya think? and any other horsepower.There wasen't enough meat for the welds to hold on
    Read the quoted part in Blue ^^^^^This scenario looks like the Green Hulk Aluminum Box. That Water box was well welded. End caps was placed 1/8 inch sunk in the water box cylinder and welded for "more bite weld"......and now, your just going to that scenario

Don't get me wrong, Jason. The Mark Hahn 300 Race is a good place to test "PWC and gidi yap and GO Products" I came in there as a Rookie to test what I have to test. But first and formost....to pay respect to a fallen Rider Mark Hahn...Think of my post as "NOT" bashing you or your product. Think of it on how I see it as a potential "Buyer" that's been around the block a few times. This ain't my first B-B-Que.

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Why not rework the inlet bend so it fits an RXP better...... I know that it can be made to fit... But when I tried installing mine, that was a freaking joke!

Improvement is applauded! But its only halfway there. Get the bend suited for an RXP and it would be golden.

+1
    I wondered why the Gibson never came up in the WB thread.
    I didn't know so many people had problems with them.

I would think a little tweaking and they could be made into good options for someone in the market for a waterbox as they did look really nice.

BLACK MAGIC HEADERS hydrojunkie's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jtskier11 View Post
    Why not rework the inlet bend so it fits an RXP better...... I know that it can be made to fit... But when I tried installing mine, that was a freaking joke!

Improvement is applauded! But its only halfway there. Get the bend suited for an RXP and it would be golden.
    yes thats next too.i want it to be perfect

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information