Fx 140 2007 are they reliable?

Looking at buying one anyone got any comments about this ski?? Any comments on fuel economy??? Toop end speed? Reliability? Its got 20 hours on it, and from what i can see it must have been run in fresh water in the US as there are no corrosion on the jet or the motor.

Quote Originally Posted by nowornever View Post
    Looking at buying one anyone got any comments about this ski?? Any comments on fuel economy??? Toop end speed? Reliability? Its got 20 hours on it, and from what i can see it must have been run in fresh water in the US as there are no corrosion on the jet or the motor.
    My mates got a 2005 FX140 with 180 hours on it. Still runs like new. Expect 56mh stock and 135 miles out of a 70 litre fuel tank. The ski's are very similar to FX160, just 2mph down on top speed and they don't have a remote control imobiliser (there are several engine internal differences but..)

Excellent to ski/wakeboard off and the most economical reliable pwc you will get. We have 6 in our group with no problems on any

Hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by wakeboardmuppet View Post
    My mates got a 2005 FX140 with 180 hours on it. Still runs like new. Expect 56mh stock and 135 miles out of a 70 litre fuel tank. The ski's are very similar to FX160, just 2mph down on top speed and they don't have a remote control imobiliser (there are several engine internal differences but..)

Excellent to ski/wakeboard off and the most economical reliable pwc you will get. We have 6 in our group with no problems on any

Hope that helps
    Reliability wise there should be no reason to be concerned. Have a look at this link: www.rescuerunner.com. These craft's are Powered by Yamaha using the engine and power train from the FX 140. For this application it's all about reliability!

+1
    hmm . . . and i had an 07 fx ho cruiser . . . 30 hours on it and it blew up !!! . . .soo i dunno what to tell u .. . .

Quote Originally Posted by 02gpR View Post
    hmm . . . and i had an 07 fx ho cruiser . . . 30 hours on it and it blew up !!! . . .soo i dunno what to tell u .. . .
    I heard of this happening one other time and it was because the oil filter.
    They have to be oiled and put on straight ( just like anything else with an oil filter).
    Aside from that the FXHO and 140 are 4Stroke4Dummies Skis. Very easy to own, insanely reliable, and can take beatings.

I rode a 140 and then FXHO. The HO midrange is much better and its lighter and feels much much lighter. The 140 was slightly better in rough (rough as in big swells not chop).

"30 hours on it and it blew up !!! ...i dunno what to tell u .. . ."

Any chance of you sharing with us re. the reason it blew up ??

Thread Information