Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fuel Lines...

Fuel Lines...

I just wanted to clarify on the defective fuel line troubles. From what I understand reading through the forums, if a ski has Gray "tempo" fuel lines they might be in for some trouble (green slush). I have a 2002 Polaris virage and found this ski is equipped with the same color and manufactor. Are all Gray tempo fuel lines a problem or just the ones that were on certain models? The one on my model has a plastic like interior coating that appears to be sticky. Could this be the start of a the "green slush". Does anyone have any suggestions on where to purchase the new lines? Are the fuel lines from NAPA, Advance and or Autozone any good?

+1
    Dave welcome to the Hulk..

Yes it is all Tempo fuel lines Yamaha and older Seadoo's have the same issue.

Any good quality fuel line will do marine rated is better if you can fine it.

+1
    I have never tried this, but someone else on the forum was raving about it. I like the look and the talk, but I'd like to hear more about it. If it's as good as the other guy on here says, I'm going to get all my line here.

http://fuellines.biz/Default.aspx

Hit the catalog tab on top.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyA View Post
    I have never tried this, but someone else on the forum was raving about it. I like the look and the talk, but I'd like to hear more about it. If it's as good as the other guy on here says, I'm going to get all my line here.

http://fuellines.biz/Default.aspx

Hit the catalog tab on top.
    Art,
    I have it in my 785 for about a year now and it seems to be holding up very well and i run straight 110 octane through it and it's still as good as the day i bought it . Some of the colors do fade alittle bit after time but not bad ,i know they where working on fixing that .
    Good stuff so far

2000 pro 785 (son's) 1998 pro 785 (dads) old guy in mich's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 785 lugs View Post
    Art,
    I have it in my 785 for about a year now and it seems to be holding up very well and i run straight 110 octane through it and it's still as good as the day i bought it . Some of the colors do fade alittle bit after time but not bad ,i know they where working on fixing that .
    Good stuff so far
    bob
    whats the diameter?
    thinking of changing nathan's lines (grey on the 2000) had some green stuff in the filter last year but not this year. also need a new fuel switch. my 1998 already has the blue ones you must have put on before i got it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 785 lugs View Post
    Art,
    Good stuff so far
    EXCELLENT!!! That's what I needed to hear!!! Thanks for the nod, and I would expect the colors to fade, but that part is OK!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by old guy in mich View Post
    bob
    whats the diameter?
    thinking of changing nathan's lines (grey on the 2000) had some green stuff in the filter last year but not this year. also need a new fuel switch. my 1998 already has the blue ones you must have put on before i got it.

It's the 1/4 hose he sells if you go on Pwctoday and find his link he has a discount code to type in when you order .
    I've bought a ton of it from him and never had a problem ,he has the primer line and i also used his 3/8 cooling line and it's holding up just great .

One more question...

I'm going to order the fuel lines from "fuellines.biz" does anyone know the size of the fuel lines and also the oil line on a 2002 Polaris virage? Or where I could find out?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sirdave4 View Post
    I'm going to order the fuel lines from "fuellines.biz" does anyone know the size of the fuel lines and also the oil line on a 2002 Polaris virage? Or where I could find out?
    you need the 1/4 fuel line and i used the 1/8 primer hose for my oil lines .

Hey guys,
    I'm going to be changing out the fuel line on my SLT 780 and X-45. Approximately how many feet of line will I need to do both? Does the coolant line break down like the fuel line too?

Thanks!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information