Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Question going to replace my 04 rxp with a honda fx 15

can anyone talk me out of it?

That's a big change. 2 seater to 3 seater. Two totally different skis. I guess we should start by asking what made you look at the Honda in the first place? Might help us give you better advice.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    why a honda?

why buy the brand with the least tech support on the forum, the least marketshare, the least widespread common readily available knowledge? and the smallest dealer network for watercraft

u can't say it's a piece of junk, it's nice ski, it's pretty quick, nice quality... but it's not any better or worse overall than kawasaki yamaha or seadoo... at least with those brands u get a product with tons of public knowledge and people everywhere with experience to help you if u need service or troubleshooting.

plus if u plan on modifying it, there's a fraction of the products available for honda than there are the other brands.

just my two cents... y not an ultra 250 or rxt or SHO or something

The Honda is slow and modify it and if you can find a dealer they wont honor the warranty. They couldn't beat a 03 GTX-SC 185hp IMO not a good choice

Get used to seeing the Rear of a Doo and at the same time enjoy it too

+1
    I bought a 2008 Honda F-15x for my wife replacing and older Seadoo and its a great ski. I also just purchased a RXT 255 IS at the Atlantic City Boat show. I am trading my 2006 GTX Limited in and I really enjoyed that ski. The Honda and the Seadoos have a much different ride as the deep V hull on the Honda is much more pleasant for turning and the nose doesn't hunt as much as the Seadoos. The ski is still quick off the line with the turbo and can hang with and beat some RXT's as I ride with a group of friends who all have late model RXT's. The Honda has to be the most quiet ski I have ever ridden when at idle you can barely tell its on. I do wish it had adjustable Steering and I have to say in sloppy chop it can be a wet ride but all in all its a very dependable ski. I have a friend who really prefers Yamaha's to Seadoo's and having ridden both he would take the Honda over the Seadoo as he likes the ride better so I guess it all depends on what you like. Hope this helps!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiser View Post
    can anyone talk me out of it?
    Well, Shibby pretty much covered it, let's see...
    Hondas are for pussies. How's that?

Only kidding but hey, you said talk you out of it...

[quote=ghostjwm;957419]The ski is still quick off the line with the turbo and can hang with and beat some RXT's as I ride with a group of friends who all have late model RXT's. \quote]

Edit- Didn't realize at first the 15x was in discussion...was thinking of 12x haha...but still i think the RXT is faster, but it would be a decent race in the rough

+1
    There is an ECU piggy back controller for the honda that will give you like 6MPH thats how conservative the ski is setup.

Shibby covered just about everything with the Honda vs Seadoo. If your going to change brands I would go with a Kawasaki 260 or a Yamaha FZR.

The Honda looks nice but I would never buy one. IMO go with something that people know about and forget the Honda.

Quote Originally Posted by aha View Post
    There is an ECU piggy back controller for the honda that will give you like 6MPH thats how conservative the ski is setup.

Shibby covered just about everything with the Honda vs Seadoo. If your going to change brands I would go with a Kawasaki 260 or a Yamaha FZR.

The Honda looks nice but I would never buy one. IMO go with something that people know about and forget the Honda.

6 mph with an ecu piggy back controller? So a 200 hp stock turbo that pushes the machine to around 64-65 mph has the potential of 70+ even with that heavy deep V hull? I'm not doubting the existance, but i am doubting 6 mph unless there is the proof. Anyone on here have GPS numbers with this ECU controller?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information