Tiger shark 770 or polaris 750?

Hi, I'm looking to buy a used pwc this week. I've found two for sale locally, one is a 1996 Tiger Shark Daytona 770, the other is a 1994 Polaris 750. The Tiger shark is a one owner and the Polaris is with its second owner.

They are both in the 1100-1200$ range, both with trailers, both with covers and accessories.

Which one would be a better deal? which one is cheaper/easier to maintain? which one would I be able to have the most fun on?

I'm sort of partial to the way the tiger shark looks.

Thanks for your help,
    Aaron

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronR View Post
    Hi, I'm looking to buy a used pwc this week. I've found two for sale locally, one is a 1996 Tiger Shark Daytona 770, the other is a 1994 Polaris 750. The Tiger shark is a one owner and the Polaris is with its second owner.

They are both in the 1100-1200$ range, both with trailers, both with covers and accessories.

Which one would be a better deal? which one is cheaper/easier to maintain? which one would I be able to have the most fun on?

I'm sort of partial to the way the tiger shark looks.

Thanks for your help,
    Aaron
    Fun factor should be about equal on these skis(I wouldn't know I haven't ridden either) Service is totally yours on these there is no dealer network for either anymore. For me the edge goes to the Polaris because there is more knowledge base on this site.

+1
    The Polaris is a fun playful ski with lots of parts and upgrades. Not sure on the shark?

Price seams a little high to me. $800-$900 is the going rate. for a good running ski. of that era...

Oh Welcome to the Hulk..

Thanks guys. I'm going to update with a new post in a more broad discussion area of the site including more skis that are for sale within driving distance at my price range. I don't have a lot of money to spend compared to a new one, but would still like to have a reliable toy that I can have some fun on or just cruise.

new to everything

Any suggestions where to start with mods on a 98 tigershark 640 L?

Quote Originally Posted by jeff757 View Post
    Any suggestions where to start with mods on a 98 tigershark 640 L?
    yea get the group K kit done. This is the most power for the money you can get out of the 640. Here is the link.
    http://www.groupk.com/t650.htm

Hate to say it but don'r spend a lot of money trying to make a 98' 640 L model go faster. That hull came with a 770 and 1000 engine so yours is the basic model with very little room for improvement. You could sell it and upgrade to a ski with a much larger engine or keep it for a second ski.

Thread Information