Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Newbie

Question Newbie

I have a few question maybe some of you guys can answere. I have a 2008 fx sho. My question is...how come when connected to the hose and engine running no water exits the intercooler discharger nipple on the starboard side?

Also. Currently I am running an aftermarket air filter from spectre. I just removed the stock GIANT intake box and slapped a cone shaped filter on the factory pipe that attaches to the supercharger. The filter is washable and has to be oil from time to time. My question is it ok to be running an oiled filter before the supercharger? Also, should I have bought a flame arrestor filter from K&N instead? Is not having the flame arrestor even a big deal?

This spring I am considering purchasing either the high flow exhaust or maybe one of the cheeper intake/intercooler cfm kits riva sells?

What is people opinions on those 2 products? how loud is the high flow exhaust? Will I gain any spped out of these products?

any answeres are would be awesome!

Dave

Dave,

I've got an SHO, and when flushing on the hosepipe, the tell tale on the starboard side doesn't run either. Can't tell you why, but it would appear normal. Water just runs from the front left hand one, and the exhaust at the rear.

I've just fitted a Riva FF exhaust and it didn't sound much louder, so I gutted the waterbox. The ski ran 68.4 with a full tank of fuel and sounds much better. Doesn't sound as good as my mates RXP Seapoo though!!

My powerfilter is on the way from Jerry, so can't offer any opinions on that. Rip or R3 will know!

Quote Originally Posted by SHO_time View Post
    I have a few question maybe some of you guys can answere. I have a 2008 fx sho. My question is...how come when connected to the hose and engine running no water exits the intercooler discharger nipple on the starboard side?

Also. Currently I am running an aftermarket air filter from spectre. I just removed the stock GIANT intake box and slapped a cone shaped filter on the factory pipe that attaches to the supercharger. The filter is washable and has to be oil from time to time. My question is it ok to be running an oiled filter before the supercharger? Also, should I have bought a flame arrestor filter from K&N instead? Is not having the flame arrestor even a big deal?

This spring I am considering purchasing either the high flow exhaust or maybe one of the cheeper intake/intercooler cfm kits riva sells?

What is people opinions on those 2 products? how loud is the high flow exhaust? Will I gain any spped out of these products?

any answeres are would be awesome!

Dave
    You're not seeing any water flow through the exits because these motors require alot of water pressure to flow through the engine to keep cool. thats why they will start to overheat if you leave it hooked up to the flush kit for too long...but once you put the craft in the water, you will notice all pissers work ...
    I would use a filter set up that sit over the gas tank to make sure no water intrudes through the supercharger from inside the bottom of the hull. You could make your own by using the left overs from you exhaust or purchase the Riva one...your choice... you will gain more in RMPs, hole shot and mid-range but not much top speed...and NO you dont want any oil flowing through your superchager from the filter!!!
    The CFM Kit and Free Flow exhaust are good investment to start with...you'll be helping your motor breathe more air you should see some gains in top speed and the FF will give you a better sound also...
    after these mods, I would invest in a Ride Plate, Intake Grate, Pump Seal Kit and Sponsons...
    hope this info helps with your decision...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by R3_killa View Post
    You're not seeing any water flow through the exits because these motors require alot of water pressure to flow through the engine to keep cool. thats why they will start to overheat if you leave it hooked up to the flush kit for too long...but once you put the craft in the water, you will notice all pissers work ...
    I would use a filter set up that sit over the gas tank to make sure no water intrudes through the supercharger from inside the bottom of the hull. You could make your own by using the left overs from you exhaust or purchase the Riva one...your choice... you will gain more in RMPs, hole shot and mid-range but not much top speed...and NO you dont want any oil flowing through your superchager from the filter!!!
    The CFM Kit and Free Flow exhaust are good investment to start with...you'll be helping your motor breathe more air you should see some gains in top speed and the FF will give you a better sound also...
    after these mods, I would invest in a Ride Plate, Intake Grate, Pump Seal Kit and Sponsons...
    hope this info helps with your decision...
    +1

WHILE IT IS ON THE TRAILER LOWER IT IN THE FRONT AS LOW AS IT WILL GO AND THE WATER WILL MAKE ITS WAY OUT OF THERE .BY LOWER I MEAN SPIN THE WHEEL JACK ALL THE Way down

Since Im in college and kinda cheep at this point i was just thinking of slapping a water resistance pre-filter over the aftermarket I have on it now. I just cant see paying over 200 dollars for the riva intake. I do like R3's idea of extending the intake over the gas tank to avoid water getting into the filter, maybe even using the exsisting exhaust piping!

What do you fellas think about even taping into the current ventalation lines that are on these on the sides of the gas tank?

you can find aluminum tubing and silicone elbows and filters on ebay and have less than $200 into the air filter and exhaust. its not as easy as ordering the kits, but its alot cheaper and from what i can tell works pretty good!

Thumbs up

Thanks for the info fellas! I have a bunch of ides for my ski so im sure ill be bugging you all for your opinions!

+1
    I would go with a stainless steel mesh filter instead of a cotton one that needs oiling. PWC's aren't in dusty environments where oiled cotton is needed to keep those small particles out.

Go to the Seadoo forum and do a search for 4" intake. Those guys have pretty much mastered the art of making cheap yet extremely efficient and effective air intakes. Lots of flow testing data from Danny as well.

Based off this picture I would run a reducer (pictured) off the opening, 4" - to whatever size the opening is.

From there you may be able to just pop on a filter since you're already at the front of the ski. Or if it is beneficial you could get some 4" aluminum tubing or a short piece of kanaflex and run closer to the front where there may be more airflow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bob's FZR 025.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	1.85 MB 
ID:	117467   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	R40B-300-400.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	14.7 KB 
ID:	117468  

+1
    Below are some pictures from my intake that I made, I used stainless exhaust tubing from a local muffler shop and had them bend it for me $10.00 and then bought a filter from a part store, I used the factory pipe that used to attach to the filter box so as to retain the hose connector that goes back to the emissions box.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information