Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Modify rxt or buy rxp???

I own a 2007rxt 60hrs, iv'e been considering modifying it. I was going to do a seadoo centre b-kit, valve retainers, remaped ecu, bigger injectors and new prop and intake oh and iv'e had the opas lifted.
    The ski goes well but i rode a mates rxp-x and gp1300, you can just through them around and turning just kills the rxt!
    My question is i ride in about 2 or so foot chop most times but do some surf jumping also, and was wondering how the rxp handles in those conditions? So do i mod the rxt or use the money and by rxp or rxp-x????

Mod your rxt, rxp wont keep up with an rxt in the 2-3ft chop. If you mostly ride in heavy chop keep the rxt..

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by bradsta View Post
    I own a 2007rxt 60hrs, iv'e been considering modifying it. I was going to do a seadoo centre b-kit, valve retainers, remaped ecu, bigger injectors and new prop and intake oh and iv'e had the opas lifted.
    The ski goes well but i rode a mates rxp-x and gp1300, you can just through them around and turning just kills the rxt!
    My question is i ride in about 2 or so foot chop most times but do some surf jumping also, and was wondering how the rxp handles in those conditions? So do i mod the rxt or use the money and by rxp or rxp-x????
    My last ski was a 07 rxp215, I would never own one again if all I rode in was rough, Yes heaps of fun to jump waves, Absulute dog in the rough, when I took it to the dam, was the best ski I have ever ride for fun factor on smooth,

Raced with my mates on their RXT's down the goldcoast,, they would just me for dead in the chop everytime...
    Mod your RXT I say, if you ride that much in chop.

Waz

Agreed......much smoother in chop

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    had an rxt for two years.... sold it because i wanted to go faster and turn better.. got an RXP... sold it

now i'm looking to go back to an RXT for my kind of riding conditions and what i like to do on a ski...

modding your rxt has my vote if ur running in that kind of rough water.

+1
    Thanks for the reply's. You all say mod the rxt, i plan to put sponsons on also with the mods but how else can i make it turn harder?
    Also do you all have opas blockoffs? The rxt has no vts but i was told the 07 doesn't need a wedge, what else???
    For the australian guys on the site i ride mostly in port phillip bay(all conditions).
    Last question, seadoo centre has told me these mods are good for about 74mph what do you all think, anything else i should do also???

i luv my rxt

+1
    Ride plate and or set back pump mod. They're both supposed to be good for about 1-2 mph each. Your mates won't know what hit them.

+1

Mod it

Mod the RXT!!!!!!

+1
    They both have there place. I would take RXT anyday in rough water or chop. Not to mention the RXT is much drier ride which can be a issue in cold water.But in the good water the RXP fun factor goes way up...I would definitely do as your mates suggest as they would know best.A fast couch would be killer!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information