Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Teenage drivers

+1

Angry Teenage drivers

So how many of you out there have teenagers that drive and how much did your insurance go up after they had their first accident?
    My 16 year old, after driving for 1 f****** month, just backed into someone tonight. Did not damage her jeep but took out the hood and grill of a Ford Taurus.
    Anyway, I was thrilled when my Statefarm premium had only gone up $100 a month to add her to the insurance but I am in major fear of how bad it will now go up. Any ideas?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Do you HAVE to claim it on insurance, or even report it to them?

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KirkF350 View Post
    So how many of you out there have teenagers that drive and how much did your insurance go up after they had their first accident?
    My 16 year old, after driving for 1 f****** month, just backed into someone tonight. Did not damage her jeep but took out the hood and grill of a Ford Taurus.
    Anyway, I was thrilled when my Statefarm premium had only gone up $100 a month to add her to the insurance but I am in major fear of how bad it will now go up. Any ideas?
    You can kill the 16 year old, or take it up the rear from the insurance company(or a different insurance company doesn't really make much difference on which one)

Dont judge me...
    Can you get a better rate if she makes over a 3.0 or something like that. Call and ask your agent what else you can do...

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Do you HAVE to claim it on insurance, or even report it to them?
    If it has be reported to the police then it doesn't make a difference here in TX. The insurance companies know everything the state database does.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthAWM View Post
    If it has be reported to the police then it doesn't make a difference here in TX. The insurance companies know everything the state database does.
    Yep, I got to the scene and there were only 3 cop cars there. Statefarm probably already knows about it.
    As for the rates, they are/where unbelievably cheap with Statefarm. She has great grades and we did all the student driving programs to get the deepest discounts possible.

+1
    It could have been worse... and unless your bored i wont even start with my teenage year and driving my parents cars, LOL still not allowed to drive them . Does anyone else on the insurance have any infractions at all? if not i dont think your rate will go up but that will depend on your plan. My first accident when i was 16 didnt rase the rate 2nd accident did though Insurance company im with work a little backwards i think cuase everytime i get a speeding ticket i get a notice in the mail saying my rate has droped

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sportsterme View Post
    It could have been worse... and unless your bored i wont even start with my teenage year and driving my parents cars, LOL still not allowed to drive them . Does anyone else on the insurance have any infractions at all? if not i dont think your rate will go up but that will depend on your plan. My first accident when i was 16 didnt rase the rate 2nd accident did though Insurance company im with work a little backwards i think cuase everytime i get a speeding ticket i get a notice in the mail saying my rate has droped

Oh I know, just pissed off right now; I just have to remember what it was like when I started driving. I have been driving for 25 years and forget what it was like. The wife and I have not had any infractions in over 10 years but Statefarm is stupid so who knows how they will handle this. If I thought it would help me, I would pay for the guys damages but again, Statefarm does not make much since sometimes.

+1

Oh I know, just pissed off right now; I just have to remember what it was like when I started driving. I have been driving for 25 years and forget what it was like. The wife and I have not had any infractions in over 10 years but Statefarm is stupid so who knows how they will handle this. If I thought it would help me, I would pay for the guys damages but again, Statefarm does not make much since sometimes.
    I know here it will only go up if there is a claim. Do you have a pic of the ford and what year was it? if it and older one and if its just a hood and grill id pay for it. get a hood and grill from the wreckers and tell the owner to drop it of at a paint shop.

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    backing accidents are more common. Thankfully that I was covered under an policy for my whole farm basically covered as an employee. Just be thankful that she wasnt putting on makeup driving 15 over talking in the phone and plowing through an intersection and smoke two cars.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information