Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

2005 RXT upgrades???

Hi guys great forum this is my first post.
    I have bought an 05 rxt and was tossing up between buying it or spending the big bucks and getting the 08rxt-x.
    Now since getting it and getting my ass handed to me out on the water by much faster ski's i have decided to do a few mods.
    I have bought a new wear ring + solar 14/17r impeller + riva intake grate + a blow off valve and a new supercharger impeller rated at 11lbs boost.

I am getting the boat shop to fit them as we speak i should have it back by tomorrow.
    I am really hoping this will be just as quick as the 08rxt-x or am i asking for too much?

Can i make my ski go as good as the rxt-x will it be worth the money or should i just sell mine and get one.

And then if i come across a modified rxt-x will it still be quicker than me?

I understand that most of the parts on my motor are almost or if not the same as the rxt-x so what would i need to do to bring it up to the speed and performance that say a modified rxt-x would have? or is it just not possible to get mine as fast and i should just sell this one and get the new one?

+1
    Welcome to the forum!!

A wedge and or a angled rideplate would help speed considerably. A rear air mod or even the 3" will make more power then stock.

Make sure the shop is installing the recommended injectors at the same time or you will be to lean. Also that prop will most likely hit the rev-limiter as well. Going to need repitched or different all together.

What SC wheel are you going with??

My .02.

Quote Originally Posted by quickski View Post
    Hi guys great forum this is my first post.
    I have bought an 05 rxt and was tossing up between buying it or spending the big bucks and getting the 08rxt-x.
    Now since getting it and getting my ass handed to me out on the water by much faster ski's i have decided to do a few mods.
    I have bought a new wear ring + solar 14/17r impeller + riva intake grate + a blow off valve and a new supercharger impeller rated at 11lbs boost.

I am getting the boat shop to fit them as we speak i should have it back by tomorrow.
    I am really hoping this will be just as quick as the 08rxt-x or am i asking for too much?

Can i make my ski go as good as the rxt-x will it be worth the money or should i just sell mine and get one.

And then if i come across a modified rxt-x will it still be quicker than me?

I understand that most of the parts on my motor are almost or if not the same as the rxt-x so what would i need to do to bring it up to the speed and performance that say a modified rxt-x would have? or is it just not possible to get mine as fast and i should just sell this one and get the new one?
    first i would ditch the blowoff valve..i dont think the 14/17 is going to work with an upgrade sc. i put a greenwheel in my rxt along with the riva s1 kit and i needed a 14/19

+1
    Good questions. How much are you willing to spend? You can ditch the blow off valve, they just leak boost and are meant for high boost turbo applications. Get an XS intercooler from the online store and you'll need a pump wedge or a complete VTS or trim system off of an RXP or "X" boat. The wedge is alot cheaper route but not as effective. OR if you can afford it, sell the RXT before you get too deep into it and get the X. There are some very fast RXT's on here but they paid to play and in the end the resale won't be there cause it's an older boat and modded to hell. You will still need bigger fuel injectors and I believe a fuel pressure regulator to run 11 pounds of boost. Since the mod bug has bitten you I say get the X and then mod it. Still alot of 08's out there at huge discounts.

it's this one: A Kit -R Impeller - Makes 0.77 bar boost
    on this website cause iam in australia: http://www.seadoocentre.com/new_superchargers.htm

Whats that about the injectors, the mechanic said it wouldn't need bigger injectors or anything with the fuel system i specifically asked them about this.

Banned User
    I agree the 14/17 with a new wheel is gonna peg the rev limiter, also go with the wedge and opas removal kit, not sure I would go with the BOV they leak boost, 42# injectors would most likely be needed for 11LBS of boost. I might be wrong though. Now onto beating a RXT-X off the line should be close, top speed yes long as u can stay hooked up, My ski with mods listed in siggy I can run down a X boat just not stay with it off the line. Now with new X charger going in and a intercooler and 15/20R and few other mods I am gonna own the X.

+1
    Now with new X charger going in and a intercooler and 15/20R and few other mods I am gonna own the X.
    Better get yer wallet out!

Banned User
    i have spent less then 1400 total with all new mods going on this year.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaGoat View Post
    Better get yer wallet out!
    my wallet took a beating and i still want more

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyRXT View Post
    i have spent less then 1400 total with all new mods going on this year.
    My "X" gps'd @ 69.6 full of gas and 70.9 with 1/4 tank before I ever touched it. Look at how skoepp's T-X runs. Minor mods go a long way on this baby.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information