Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: need ball hone

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1

need ball hone

anybody got a hone for 81mm cyl i can use??

Lake Mead Bum & BTLS Mark starflight's Avatar
    +1
    Best price I found on flex/ball hones was at mcmaster, if you end up needing to buy 1.

Doug, man, I'd seriously take it to a good machine shop and have them run a good Sunnen type hone through there. It will leave better cross hatching and will true up the cylinder. My guy does it for 10 bucks each, if he only has to do a light cleanup. Also, another thing I found...bolt the exhaust manifold (if you're using trips) to the cylinder before you have it honed, as the bolts slightly distort the bore. This will make sure its true when its all together.

+1
    Hey you bstrd,,,,,,lol....I got one at the shop....dont use a ball hone on two stroke because of the ports...I got the good one at the shop.....but....you will have to actually come up there in person on a friday morning and I will show you how its done.........this is the best free offer your gonna get.

+1
    Id pay a good machine shop bud. Im having a cylinder sent to sharp's in a couple weeks. I think they qouted me 65 bucks for a bore an hone. So call an see how much a hone is.

+1

txgp1300r

i've already asked you dave for so much i didn't want to ask any more,but i did think about it.i'll have to consider when i could get there as work never lets me get to dallas on fridays.its for a buddy i want to get on the water as the more the merrier

did you want my pistons ? if not im going to move them in a storage out of town

Quote Originally Posted by txgp1300r View Post
    Hey you bstrd,,,,,,lol....I got one at the shop....dont use a ball hone on two stroke because of the ports...I got the good one at the shop.....but....you will have to actually come up there in person on a friday morning and I will show you how its done.........this is the best free offer your gonna get.
    You can use a ball hone on cast iron two stroke cylinders...just not nikasil. I still don't like to use them on cast iron...I have done it in a jam, however.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by xplayer2885 View Post
    Id pay a good machine shop bud. Im having a cylinder sent to sharp's in a couple weeks. I think they qouted me 65 bucks for a bore an hone. So call an see how much a hone is.
    so what do you think my offer was? we have a complete machine shop with the proper flat stone hones for a cylinder with ports...all your doing is messing up dougs "free" deal......(doug I do remember the tequila) I dont need the practice , maybe we dont have a "good" shop but we sure paid off the land and all the mills,lathes,tigs in 15 years, so I guess someone thinks our work is "good"

+1

oh snap!!!

dave i'm almost positive he was refferring to what would surely be a feeble attempt on my part to hone it myself.i'm pretty this jug will clean up fairly easily.it didn't seize and its an iron sleeved cylinder

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information