Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

cavitation/hesitation?

i have a 08 250x with 53 hrs. just had 50 hr service. my ski still hesitates/cavitates on hole shot and on tight turns at full throttle. is this normal? i have had this problem since new. i have cleaned silicone in pump tunnel, installed pump shoe seal kit and 2 degree wedge. could it be prop clearance or pump bearings? looks fine to me but i am still a newbie learning the ropes! any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Been around for years...seen it all Kawi-Guy's Avatar
    +1
    Sounds like your prop is a bit damaged

ok so is this normal for any ski with about 50hrs? does the prop need to be repitched to suit the pump or does it require a new prop? maybe even a 260x prop if it fits. in the specs for the 2009 260x it states the impeller has been designed with less twist in the blade. maybe this has been done to fix the cavitation issue that other 250x jetskis are experiencing! i think the ski is awesome but essentially i think i am missing out on that adrenalin rush from the hole shot out of the water!!!!!! am i asking for too much???? i dont think so, otherwise i would have bought the ultra lx.... any feedback would be great guys!

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by prasino thereo View Post
    ok so is this normal for any ski with about 50hrs? does the prop need to be repitched to suit the pump or does it require a new prop? maybe even a 260x prop if it fits. in the specs for the 2009 260x it states the impeller has been designed with less twist in the blade. maybe this has been done to fix the cavitation issue that other 250x jetskis are experiencing! i think the ski is awesome but essentially i think i am missing out on that adrenalin rush from the hole shot out of the water!!!!!! am i asking for too much???? i dont think so, otherwise i would have bought the ultra lx.... any feedback would be great guys!

You cant be serious comparing a 250x to a LX
    if you think they are close in performance than your pump must be toast

Check the prop too housing clearance and check for scoring in the pump liner ( the bit around the prop)

Waz

you misunderstood what i was trying to say. i know the 250x is leaps and bounds ahead of the lx. i just feel frustrated after having had the ski for a year that i havent been able to solve this problem. maybe its just the way it is supposed to be. i just dont know! the answer to your question is yes there is a little scoring on the pump liner. no the prop is in i would say micky mouse condition. as far as prop clearance to liner looks to be within acceptable range but have do not have tool to measure. read somewhere once to use a sheet of A4 paper as a starting point. the sheet should just go thru. sounds logical but dont know if there is any merit in it. interestingly enough has anyone had sucess with the r&d anti-cavitation cone or is it a gimmick? cant say i noticed any real difference with the pump shoe seal kit.

+1
    The 250x does not cavitate when in stock form. Once you starting adding engine mods like the timing mod, then some off the line cavitation starts to be noticed. I agree with Kawi Guy. Your prop has a ding in it. Even the smallest ding or bend will create cavitation.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    You may look into the pump area where the shoe meets the hull, there may be excessive silicone in the pump tunnel.....Kawi is bad about leaving to much silicone on their ski's..................

yeah have already done that. pulled ride plate off, intake grate and shoe, pump and cleaned pump tunnel of all silicone. it's as clean a whistle. reinstalled with pump shoe kit and 2 degree wedge. anyone know if the r&d anti-cavitation cone increases performance? is it easy to install?

Been around for years...seen it all Kawi-Guy's Avatar
    +1
    start with prop repair first, then you can buy gimmicks.

oh the beauty of R-Rated Venturi nozzell with adjustable rings...Cavitation can be "tunned" out!

You can try out the R&D cone for yourself, and see if it works...Might help you some, as per their website.

If its been doing it from day 1, i doubt it is your prop. Unless the mice got to it while being shipped down under. Either way, does not hurt to inspect the prop REAL good! Look for the mice bites. Or as you mentioned. the gaping may be off. which in case if it is, you'll have to send out your entire pump to get blueprinted. Find a place down under that blueprints pumps! if that dont fix it... Trade it in for an LX, and enjoy riding slow.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information